+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dancing with others

nebulachic Guest

Dancing with others

I am a singer and my b/f comes to almost all my gigs. The first time he got asked to dance by a group of wives of the band members mostly who knew he was with me (expect one woman who I think came in late). She started to bump and grind him really badly. I got really pissed. My b/f looked at me when it started and stopped dancing with her immedialtely (and I think she realized we were a couple too). He LOVES to dance and I don't expect him to just sit at my gigs but I have a hard time with it.

A few weeks ago we were at a club to see a band. I got there before my b/f and a guy was talking with me and seemed interested. Later in the night my b/f asked if I wanted to dance. I said I already promised someone (hey.. I figure he is always dancing with others why not give him a taste of it!). I noticed my b/f looked sort of uncomfortable and seemed like he was trying real hard to just ignore us. It was the first time he ever saw ME dancing with someone else!

The other night we went out to hear some live music. The band announced it would be the last song of the evening (fast song) and my b/f asked if I wanted to dance. I told him I had to pee really badly and RAN off to the ladies room. When I got back about a minute and a half later he was dancing with someone else. I was going to go right up to him (he had his back to me) but thought better of it. I was kind of shocked he hadn't waited for me. When I asked him how it came about he said she asked him. Seems a lot of women wait to see that I'm not around or go up to sing a number or two and they ask him to dance.

How would any of you feel?

You guys really turned this into a battle of wits didn't you. You guys need to talk.

One, if you're singing and can't dance. Let the boy dance a little. It's not like you can't monitor him.

If you are both at a club, together, and you both are able to dance, I dont think it's fair for either of you to dance with another.

Stop this Tit for Tat crap.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

The harsh truth is that there is no ring on his finger. While you and he have an understanding, you don't share that with all of the other women out there.

Count your blessings that he can at least dance. My ex did the white boy bop. i couldn't take him anywhere.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    "white boy bop"!!! You kill me, giga!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

what is that white boy bop ?

describe plz

i would let my boyfriend dance with a bunch of other girls and then save my last one to show him how it's done.

you had to pee? girl, i would've gone off to dance with someone else too.

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    what is that white boy bop ?

describe plz
    Oh, the horror!

Okay, if you saw the movie Clueless, it's what Josh was doing at the dance Christian took Cher to.

If you haven't seen that, I'll try to describe: Jerky movements, completely disregarding the bass line, drums, any rythm whatsoever. Approaching spacticity, but not quite to the extreme reached by Elaine Benis on Seinfeld.

If you haven't seen that, you should.

Iv seen Elaine and i dont remember that scene in clueless ... yea i saw it i have 3 older sisters not because i wanted too ...

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think I know the white boy bop.....my ex used to do something like that, which is why I never took him to clubs.

He'd kinda stand in one spot, bob his head up and down, maybe get a little shoulder movement in there, and kind of shift his weight from foot to foot. Made me want to crawl under a rock.

Best part was running into him in a club after we broke up. He was with his new gf on the dancefloor doing his idiot dance, and I was dancing with my bf who is a wicked dancer. He watched us for about two minutes, got redfaced, stopped pseudo-dancing, and practically bulldozed a path off the dancefloor. I still laugh about it to this day.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi