+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Falling/fallen for my best friend - story

Falling/fallen for my best friend - story

Hi everyone

I've decided to post on here as I am completely at a loss as to what to do. Basically I have known my best friend for almost 4 years now, and we have always been really close. When I first met her I really really fancied her, but that was put to one side as I got in a relationship with someone else, we stayed close mates.

A few months into the relationship my friend told me outright that she likes me and always did, and it upset her that I was with someone else. Obviously, this put me in a sticky situtation and it was just one of those things that blew over.

A little later she got into a relationship of her own, and i'd be lying if i said I wasn't a bit jealous. I then get dumped, and all of a sudden a few days after she dumps her boyfriend - this was around October time.

As we were both going through tough times we both tried to help each other out, and then over christmas I basically told her I still liked her. It didn't get the greatest reception "it would ruin our friendship blah blah blah" - I don't know what caused this tone.

The bit that confuses me is that I've been seeing her lots over easter and she is even more flirty than she used to be, I just wish she would tell me how she felt. The more time I spend with her, the more I am falling for her more and more, to the point that I am falling in love with her, very fast.

All my friends are baffled as to why we're not together, also people who do not know us that well think we're a couple.

It's such a confusing situation, any help would be appreciated

thank you

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    It really depends. My bf and i were REALLY good friends before we started dating and we click a lot better as bf and gf. I honestly don't know if we'd stay friends if we broke up depending on the situation. If you feel like a relationship is worth more than your friendship with her then go for it. If not, then don't.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

The thing is I know it's meant to be more than a friendship, everything about her is perfect and we are so close, and I can just tell it's not a sisterly kind of thing.

The bit I don't understand is that she says she likes me, then when i tell her i still like her a few months later she knocks me down. Yet after that whenever I see her, we hold hands, we cuddle, we look into each others eyes and we cosy up on the sofa in the pub or something. The number of times people have said "for god's sake, why aren't you two going out?" is more than I can remember

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit90 View Post
    The thing is I know it's meant to be more than a friendship, everything about her is perfect and we are so close, and I can just tell it's not a sisterly kind of thing.

The bit I don't understand is that she says she likes me, then when i tell her i still like her a few months later she knocks me down. Yet after that whenever I see her, we hold hands, we cuddle, we look into each others eyes and we cosy up on the sofa in the pub or something. The number of times people have said "for god's sake, why aren't you two going out?" is more than I can remember
    Well it sounds like you need to stop the diddle daddling around. Tell her to two need to talk and set it straight. She should not be toying with your emotions, it sounds like she's being a relationship tease. Tell her you're done wondering about what could happen, or what might happen and tell her she needs to give you an answer and if she doesn't well than she's just messing with your head which doesn't make her look like a very good friend.

When my bf and i started to get feelings for eachother, we kinda rolled with it for about a month and a half, eventually he asked me what i wanted and it was an easy choice
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman