Hiiii!

Hey ladies kinda new here, been looking at the forums and now its my turn to ask away.

Brief summery of me. I'm 19, in university and have had no REAL relationship besides the little "oh I like you, you like me to? lets date"

Anyways Ive known this girl (lets call her Vanessa) for a while now (about 1 and a half years) but never talked to her ever since 3 months ago. The first time we met it was pretty cool, she was a chill girl and super easy to talk to. After a couple weeks of hanging around her I started to hear things from friends, her sisters etc. like she thought I was datable, funny, and also I wasn't too bad of a looker. Not to mention every time we were together our friends (that we share) would make fun of us being "together" and they would even blurt out sometimes that she liked me (maybe true, maybe not). At this time I had feelings for another girl (lets call her Mika) and thought of Vanessa purely as a friend. Over time though as I started to hang around Vanessa more and more my feelings began to sway into her direction, the feelings I had for Mika were almost non existent.

About a week later we watched "The Lovely Bones" (not a great movie IMO) but it was with her and a couple friends of ours so it was going to be good nonetheless. Before the movie started we were alone, we started to talk about relationships and I told her that the feelings I had for Mika were gone. I told her that, yeah I did like Mika but the truth was I never could see us together. The movie started, our friends came back and we ended the conversation about relationships there.

So about a month ago we had a party and her being a "goody good" never really let loose before, so throughout the night she was by my side because she didn't want to get into the things that were happening that night, eventually though she succumbed to everyone and began to let loose. Towards the end of the night while everyone was leaving we had a little "q and a" sesh and we just talked about us, right then and there I told her I liked her...but for some reason she didn't believe me, either she was "Drunk" (highly doubt because she remembers most of the night) or she did believe me but played it off because she didn't want to say anything back to me.

Rewind about a couple weeks ago and a friend of hers (lets call her May) accuses her of being a whore because at the night of the party Vanessa took a quick nap on a good friends lap for some much needed rest from drinking. The good friend (lets call him Eric) knocked up May and ever since the party shes been out to get Vanessa (May is really obsessed with Eric even though they arn't together anymore). So Vanessa talks to me about this whole situation with her and May and I do my best to comfort her no matter what the occasion I would be there for her. Exam week rolled around and I was busy studying for it, on top of that I also had a job to manage so my social life was pretty much dead for about 2 - 3 weeks. During this time Vanessa and Eric and other friends were doing their own thing such as hanging out and having fun. Throughout this time I figured that Eric may like Vanessa after the weeks of hanging out but I could be wrong because they are such close "friends"

Which brings me now, its almost Valentines Day and im thinking of doing something for her even though were not officially a couple. I still do not know if she likes me or not, but im happy that she at least (I hope) knows I like her.

After reading all this it kinda sounds like im "just a friend" when personally I don't think that at all. Im always the first person she talks to and the last person she talks to, this is a daily thing. I truly believe that she has some sort of feelings for me its just that shes afraid to tell me.

OK so question time.
Do you think she likes me? or do you think im just a friend to her?
If she does like me, Why is she afraid to tell me?
What should I do for her on Valentines Day? lol
and finally What can I or her or BOTH of us do to make a real push for that "relationship status"

I really like her and honestly think shes a keeper for whoever gets her, I just hope that someone is me.

Sorry to put such a long post, I need to get this off my chest and hopefully you guys can help.