+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I scare him?

Did I scare him?

I recently posted a thread about my ex unblocking me on Facebook. I wasn’t sure if I should send him a message or not. Well, I accidentally did. It’s a long story but it was 100% by accident. Let me back up just a little. When my ex and I split, we broke up on bad terms and could not get along. I’ll just leave it at that. Fast forward almost a year. He unblocks me, I accidentally send a picture of a smiley face, he responds and we message back and forth a little. I apologized for things, he did as well. I even told him despite everything that happened, I was glad we had that time together, he agreed. Then I told him I liked us actually being nice to each other. Then the messages stopped. I am so confused! I sent him another message today and told him that I didn’t mean to get him into any trouble by sending him a message, there was no disrespect. (I’m not sure if he is seeing someone or not.) I will not send any other messages but I just hate leaving it like that. I feel like I did something I shouldn’t have but I don’t know what it was.

Just let it go will you. jeez its been a year. stop all contact and move on. Its over so forget it. Your only hurting yourself by clinging on to the past. LET IT GO

I agree with michelle - Let it go. Or, do you like the drama? How do you know you, "got him in trouble?" You sound like an 8th grader. He is responsible for his behavior, and, I guess, he has chosen to stop communicating with you..and what do you mean, "I just hate leaving it like that?" Like what? You said what you had to say, so stop stirring up made up drama. Ann
    Ann

Its not like you have some unfinished business...you were together, you broke up for good reason. DONE! Let it go.

Sidenote: What the hell is w/Facebook? Gets so many people into trouble in their relationships. I don't think I will ever be on FB, just a huge waste of time IMO. Everyone should just update there status to..."I lack true social skills, have no real friends, so I'm on here commenting on your photos from the weekend of you whoring out at the club."

I just don't get it. Social Media and Reality TV are the downfalls of our society!.......LOL sorry for the rant.
    Last edited by FlaCooln; 23-04-13 at 11:56 PM.

The only reason I care is because him and I were friends for almost 20 years beforehand. The truth is, we should have never dated and just remained friends. I hated that it ended so badly, so yes when we talked and apologized, etc. I felt better. Obviously being a girl, I over-analyzed things and thought I said something that I shouldn't have.

well im sorry but you cannot be friends after you were together. You just need to accept that and move on.

I strongly disagree with you there! Maybe him and I can't be friends but my best friend in the world is one of my ex-boyfriends. We broke up 13 years ago and are still friends to this day. Every situation is different. I'm actually friendly with all my exes. Not that there are a lot, but a few.

well I think thats stupid. no offence but who wants a load of guys sniffing around their gf. good luck with your next bf.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    well I think thats stupid. no offence but who wants a load of guys sniffing around their gf. good luck with your next bf.
    Sniff..Sniff...lol

I agree though. I don't end relationships on bad terms and we move on amicably. But, I don't make it a point to remain friends and keep in touch. With one exception of a girl I dated in law school, but thats only because we were freinds before we dated. Even her, we only text like a few times a year just to catch up. Plus, she has 2 kids now and lives across the country.

FlaCooln - Loved the rant!! A great laugh! Thanks, Ann
    Ann