+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys read please.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Guys read please.

Guys, How do you show a woman your interested in her?
    I'm talking verbal and non verbal ways of showing interest. I want to find out if different personalities have different ways. SO. Lets hear em...
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Initially when I like a girl, I'm pretty reserved and shy.

I'm not the biggest risk taker so I don't often grow bold unless I'm fairly confident there may be some reciprocation.

I might make small talk, and try to find out a bit about the girl, watch her from a distance. Ease in by making it obvious I'm going out of my way to speak with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn View Post
    Talking to her and flirting thru verb and/or physical touching. But the way I go about it depends a lot on the type of girl I am going after, and the environment I am in.

I want to find out if different personalities have different ways..
    Uh ya they do.

I hate playing games and unnecessary chasing so I'm usually either completely blunt about it or very obvious. e.g. touching, lasting eye contact, sitting close, those sort of things.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

I would have to agree with Fras, I'd watch her from a distance, be friendly and make small talk. Also find out more about her by 1-1 conversation. Then at some stage I would tell her if she gives the right signals and provided I still like her after I've gotten to know her. But I've ****ed up a lot.
    ..the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best ..

-- Henry Van Dyke

this is a very in depth and vague question, it compeletly depends on what the dude is after, their style and experience. tdurden, you will get everything much faster and easier if you play the game instead of showing your cards, i know the understanding that if you just skip the game it could go straight to the rewards but this is very rare and usually doesnt happen, because it is the easiest path (it also takes the work and fun out of the game) and most girls dont like it. im pretty wasted right now so ill try to give a better detailed answer to the diff. categories later

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thanx you guys! These are good!

I do know that different personalities have different styles. Some people are more shy when it comes to that stuff then others. I also think it varies on your age. Do you think that age plays a factor? Like maybe the older you are, the more straight forward you are? Just curious to hear your thoughts on this.

My confidence gone down now, but i would watch the sweet thing from the distance, them would make contact, and try to start conversation he possible.
    ...The key is, being bold and gallant. She is looking for the knight on the big white Charger that she reads
    about in her stupid romance novels. Remember, after she decides to keep you, she will be throwing
    those books in the fireplace, where they belong, while trying to keep you warm!...
    Doc. Love

I'm talking verbal and non verbal ways of showing interest. I want to find out if different personalities have different ways. SO. Lets hear em...
    Revealing ones emotions towards another person depends on both people. Each guy has his own ways of showing interest, and correspondingly he will show it in different ways depending on the type of girl he is after. With this understood, ill dwell into the commom steps in 'showing interest'.

Everything in the RL starts with eye contact, from this guys can start showing interest. Their gaze can be expressed in many different ways, from the comfortable look greeting (where he looks in your general direction without emphasis or facial difference) to the gaze of intentment (where he stares into your eyes in an amazing confident sort of way). From here the way he caries himself around you starts telling of his intentions, if hes looking to progress emotionally with you at all he will give an aura of happiness and comfortability, if hes looking to progress physically he will give a strong aura of confidence and teasing mystery. Most of this you can feel happening while you watch it.

Now your personality comes into play, because the steps after providing an aura completely depend on the reactions a guy thinks he will get from you. If you show interest with providing a similar reaction to his aura then he will proceed with more obvious and powerful actions. If he is going after your emotions, he will start talking to you and trying to make you feel comfortable and open your heart to him. If he is going after you physically, he will talk to you in short and usually things that leaves you asking or wanting to hear more, overall it will be a tease to intrege you into thinking and wanting more. The amount that can happen in that first meeting depends on how much either of you are looking for and the experience of the dude.

One of the biggest mistakes girls make is not distinguishing between the guy that is interested in her emotions or physcially. You need to keep your eyes and feelings open so that you can tell what they are interested in which will in turn make it so much more easier for you to gauge how interested they are in you.

Anything that has the chance of dealing with experience will be a factor. So age most definitly has an effect, although you cannot immediatly discreminate against the younger men, because if they experience rate is faster than they could know just as much if not more than the older guy.

Its very hard to explain what a guy does to show interest because almost all of it stems from how much time he spends on you, being attention towards you or thinking about you. I would explain what i do to show interest but seeing as i just got out of a 2 1/2 year relationship im still gettin back into my swinger style myself. Hope this helps.

anachronistic Guest
    i don't try to express or show extra that i'm interested at first.

with my girlfriend, first we became friends. then we started talking like 4 hours a day. we admitted liking eachother more than friends. first kiss. lots of good and bad stuff. becomes girlfriend after this. now we're engaged

Quote Originally Posted by TDurden View Post
    I hate playing games and unnecessary chasing so I'm usually either completely blunt about it or very obvious. e.g. touching, lasting eye contact, sitting close, those sort of things.
    no offence, but when a guy does that straight away, its pretty damn scary.
    to me anyways..and we probably have a huge age gap.
    but doesnt anyone else find that it looks like the person is a little eager and coming on a bit strong to soon?
    or do you know the girl, and then if you like her you do tht stuff?
    or is it with ppl tht u just are attracted to?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionos View Post
    My confidence gone down now, but i would watch the sweet thing from the distance, them would make contact, and try to start conversation he possible.

"Sweet thing"??? Do you KNOW any females? We are all rotten to the core.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by complicity View Post
    no offence, but when a guy does that straight away, its pretty damn scary.
    to me anyways..and we probably have a huge age gap.
    but doesnt anyone else find that it looks like the person is a little eager and coming on a bit strong to soon?
    or do you know the girl, and then if you like her you do tht stuff?
    or is it with ppl tht u just are attracted to?
    Yeah that strong approach can be very intimidating. I've had guys hit on me that did this and I kinda found it to be too much. But, then again, I didn't really have an interest in these guys nor did I know them well. I think maybe thats why.

Now if it was someone I was interested in, maybe it would still be a little scary, but it would flattering as well. I probably would be more likely to respond if I knew the guy well and LIKED him that way.

They also say that mirroring a person (or doing what they do) is another indicator that they like you. So say you go and lean in and they lean in too....they say that has something to do with them liking you. Or them mirroring your positioning. I wonder if thats true? What do you guys think? Yesterday I found myself doing that w/ someone I liked, and I wasn't even aware until I noticed it as we were talking. But I noticed he did it as well while we were talking. Do you think thats just coincidental? Do we really copy body positioning of those we are into?
    Last edited by Ellynn; 10-12-06 at 02:06 AM.

nope. its true...i saw it.
    i was leaning on my hand, and then he started doing it..
    what if they start using words you use aswell?
    can that have anything to do it?

ok that looked like a rly crap example sorry.
    but yea, ive seen it happen.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast