+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Some advice needed.

Some advice needed.

Ill start off, I'm 27 and a guy,

I have been getting to know this girl who lives round the corner from me. I met her a few years ago after doing some work fixing her laptop. (which I don't do as a living just for friends and family). Since we first met she has tx me normally once a week to help her or her son with a different problem, or bring her new films round. I found myself starting to like her, so I text her one day and told her how I felt about her (cant remember what I said now but it was something along the lines of only wanting to make her smile
    It took her a week to reply to me saying that I was just a friend and she liked someone else. So I told her that I still like her and I didn't want anything to change. That was about 8 to 10 months ago, she has been texting me every few weeks since, still asking for help with different things and asking for new films that I get.
    I saw her in town today with her mum and she smiled and waved at me. I later text her asking if she wanted me to bring a few films round for her and slipped in a message saying she still looked good. to which she hasn't replied yet.

I am I just barking up the wrong tree, and surly she wouldnt expect me to keep helping her if she was with someone.

I was going to wait until Valentines Day and give her a card with a letter in. (im really not very good when it comes to women, I can explain to you how the sun works but getting the attention of a womans heart has always been a mystery.)

Its not complete yet and this is just the final few paragraphs:

I want to be the hand you clutch when you are scared, and keep you warm when you feel cold.
    I know you may only see me as a friend or just a helping hand, but there is so much more I would like to share with you. I dont want to smother you or make you feel uncomfortable, Ive only ever wanted to make you smile. I just want a chance for you to see who I really am.
    I could leave you alone and forget I ever wrote this for you. I leave that choice up to you?

Is this going to make her think Im a complete weirdo, I have friends who can walk into a bar and pickup the first person they see, but I am really not like that.

Do I just try and forget her or does she want me to try and fight for her. If I do fight for her and she really doesnt want me then I will defiantly come across as the weirdo stalker lol. I just dont know what I am suppost to do to try and win over someone that I like.

Thanks for any help

p.s dont forget to smile its good for you.
    Last edited by hyp3r; 29-01-13 at 02:01 AM.

She likes having you around as a friend but no way you're going to get into her pants. You have been friendzoned.

It seems you are definitely barking up the wrong tree. You might not hear from her again if you give her that note. Friendzone is correct.

oh God, no no no no nooooooooooo don't send it please. she already expressed that she doesn't like you as anything more than a friend, if you send that she might not even want to be friends with you. too creepy. I don't know why guys are so persistent when a girl flat out tells them she isn't interested in them romantically, I could understand being confused if she sends mixed signals or leads you on but she straight up said she wants to be friends, nothing more. DO NOT SEND

seems im just gonna have to play the friend card then, thanks for the advice I suppose I somehow new, but the miniscule little things she keeps asking me to come round and help with keep on playing in my head. just needed that so called slap to wake up.
    thanks again.

yeah definitely, she values your friendship but doesn't want more and I think if you send that note she might get weirded out and not want to talk to you again. your heart is in the right place but she is just not the right girl, you will find someone who wants to be more than friends and is right for you!