+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Always anxious and afraid

Always anxious and afraid

Whenever i'm with my girl, i'm in bliss, happier than i've ever been. And then we part for the day, and that bliss slowly fades away. Then i'm constantly anxious and worried and afraid that maybe she's faking it, maybe she doesn't really like me, what if she doesn't need me, what if she doesn't want to be around me. I'm always worried that maybe i need to be with her now, what if i'm not spending enough time with her, what if i'm neglecting her? What if she doesn't really want to be around me?

I don't want to feel this way, it sucks, can anyone shed some light on this for me?
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

please i really need some advice, this is really crippling, im so afraid that i'm doing something wrong, i cant do anything but sit and think about it.

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

That is because you are relating all of your happiness around her.

You need to step back and remember who you are and what you did in life for enjoyment before you met her. YOU CANNOT GET YOUR VALIDATION FROM ANOTHER PERSON. Who are you? What is your identity, it was someone before she showed up. Don't break your routine, stop talking to your guy friends, etc. She fell in love with you, who you were the day she met you. Join a GYM, Go out with the guys, and don't drop your plans at the drop of a hat for her. Make life work for you, and be respectful of her time and her plans as well. Don't be pissed if she won't drop at on a dime to see you either. Stop arranging your happiness around her. She cannot fill that void for you. She should compliment and complete your life, not fulfill it and fix it, or fill some huge void.

Get a life outside of being around her for starters. Also another tip is don't worry about doing things wrong and all that sort of stuff, if you start worrying about that sort of stuff then you are gonna get screwed over.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne
    Get a life outside of being around her for starters. Also another tip is don't worry about doing things wrong and all that sort of stuff, if you start worrying about that sort of stuff then you are gonna get screwed over.
    very true , also , never leave your friends for a woman , NEVER . what i mean is , keep talking to them , but its ok once in a while to pick your friends over your girl and not ALWAYS be with her , trust us on this , in the end , it will be for the best of both .

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluevetteracer

You need to step back and remember who you are and what you did in life for enjoyment before you met her. YOU CANNOT GET YOUR VALIDATION FROM ANOTHER PERSON. Who are you? What is your identity, it was someone before she showed up. Don't break your routine, stop talking to your guy friends, etc. She fell in love with you, who you were the day she met you. Join a GYM, Go out with the guys, and don't drop your plans at the drop of a hat for her. Make life work for you, and be respectful of her time and her plans as well. Don't be pissed if she won't drop at on a dime to see you either. Stop arranging your happiness around her. She cannot fill that void for you. She should compliment and complete your life, not fulfill it and fix it, or fill some huge void.
    Great advice.

I agree with this guy as well as the others who posted here.

Look into her eyes, ees tell you everything. If shee looks deep into, then there is no problem.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by moeburn
    ...i'm constantly anxious and worried and afraid that maybe she's faking it, maybe she doesn't really like me, what if she doesn't need me, what if she doesn't want to be around me.
    Well i think this is not uncommon. Anyone who has ever been hurt or betrayed in the game of love has undergone some of this type of anxiety. I myself have had fears similar to this.

Have you been hurt in past relationships? Do you have any good reason to doubt her feelings for you? Has she said or done something to encourage your behaviour?

For me, I have a very good looking bf and i know women come on to him all the time. For the last year and a half I have been suspicious of him for no reason, accusing him of being secretive. I doubted his love for me. We had a few good arguments over it. Trust is key here. Well I guess we are in a comfort-zone at the moment and I feel good about everything. We are happy. We try to phone each other every day and see each other at least once a week.

The key is to communicate ALOT. If you feel strongly about this tell her how you feel, tell her you think she is amazing and you love spending time with her but that lately you're feeling insecure about the relationship. Good luck.

The thing is, i feel like phoning her every day or seeing her every lunch is something i do for the sake of keeping a relationship and not for her. Sometimes i feel like its a chore and that we both feel like that.

you just need to be patient..... remember she feel in love with you!! You also seem to be worrying way too much! Why don't you talk to her about the way you are feeling... maybe she can re-assure you and put those worries away!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevetteracer

A-****ing-men. I 100% agree.

-MV
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control