+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dating on Singles awarness day

Dating on Singles awarness day

Okay so single people know of Singles Awareness Day it's the Valentines day for those of use that don't have partners in the first place. it takes place on the 14th as well as V-day and can be depressing is you look at it as such.
    i myself have never dated, i have gone on one on one dates but not as anything more then a friend.

now on S.A.D last year i was on my way to work and it was icy, a car slid into my lane pushing me into on coming traffic and a head on collision totaled my car. this was at 6am...

anyway this Singles Awareness i was kinda hoping not to see it as the anniversary of my collisions so I'm planning on asking a single female friend out for the day. basically 2 single people enjoying the day out.

but when i mentioned this to a friend of mine she claimed that it would be a bad idea to even ask a girl out on V-day without looking for a longer term relationship because of the vibe of the day. i can somewhat see where she is going with that and would like to know opinions.

Would it really be a bad idea to make plans with a female friend on Feb 14th without thinking of a long term commitment?

(behind the scenes, I do actually like this particular female friend and am considering asking her out for a long term deal, but we are classmates and i have always been nervous about asking her out just because i don't want anything to happen that would make class uncomfortable for her. we go to massage school so yeah you can see where i get nervous lol)

Sometimes love seems like a one way street, but when you decide to travel it, you will be surprised where it could lead you.

Don't be a weenie. Either ask her out for a real date or don't do it at all, and VD is as good a time as any.
    Spammer Spanker

Lol "Don't be a weenie." has to be the phrase best fitting my conversations of my love life well variations of that, and i can't argue against it either.

Quote Originally Posted by XPRabbit View Post
    Lol "Don't be a weenie." has to be the phrase best fitting my conversations of my love life well variations of that, and i can't argue against it either.
    Yeah, grow a spine dude. Seriously.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

There i asked her out ^.^ spine grown... for now

Sometimes love seems like a one way street, but when you decide to travel it, you will be surprised where it could lead you.

Well, what did she say?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Well, what did she say?
    She has a kid and such and she isn't with the father anymore, V-day may be a day that she is supposed to go to another city for the kid and father to get together and she may not be free at all. if she is remotely free she and i will go out. if not then we'll aim for the day after. Basically she said yes lol. not sure if were shooting long term but the date is made.

I would like to mention that my husband and I never go out on New year's Eve or on Valentine's Day because we think of them as "amateur night". Maybe it would be a good thing if she happened to be busy that day.

I'm not a big fan of V-Day, but that's because I get plenty of champagne and romance in my daily life.

Have you ever dated a mom before?
    Spammer Spanker

i go clubbing on V day, yay!
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

lol yeah... it's only partially because it's V-day... lol V-day last year i was involved in a head on collision and so now the day kinda reminds me of that... so i wanted to make other plans to see the day in a lighter sense. :p

I wonder if it's a lot more likely you'll get into a crash that day because everyone on the road is stressed out and pissed off.
    Spammer Spanker

lol highly possible, that and the ice on the roads at 5:45 am that morning made it harder for the guy sliding into my lane lol.

She has a kid
    run

Hey!

_________
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    run

Lol your not the only one to tell me that... the kid factor is a major factor to consider too. It's a date, my death sentence hasn't been signed, and it's not like i intend to sleep with her lol. ^.^ i may have grown a spine and asked her out but a virgin i intend to stay for the time being. anyway... Kid ca't be that threatening can it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast