+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can anyone explain this to me?? Break my habit..

Can anyone explain this to me?? Break my habit..

So in ALL of my relationships in my life.. I have always been the same. It seems i cant break the stupid routine of me falling for a guy whos not so interested in me.. And the guys that are interested.. I seem to distance myself from.
    What is the reason for this? I know its all to do with 'Wanting what i cant have'..

But its starting to annoy me, it seems like every guy i like, doesnt feel the way i do. And every guy that wants me, i dont want them at all and they almost repulse me..
    I dont understand.. lol

Is there a way to break this habit??
    I have tried to give the nicer, more interested guys a chance... But i just cant actually like them. Theres no way i can make myself have feelings for someone.. Is their another way?

I just want to open up my chances of finding an actual decent guy that will feel the same way as i do..

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by JadenMia; 17-03-11 at 12:12 PM.

Is there a common trait amongst these guys you like that you haven't mentioned?
    Is there a common trait amongst these guys that you don't like that you haven't mentioned?

It does sound like a wanting what you can't have thing, as you say. With the info you've provided it's hard to suggest anything other. If you can figure out what it is that attracts you to these guys before you find out they're not interested, then you can perhaps join a group to meet more of the right type!

I don't think it's a case of wanting what you can't have....more a case that these guys are just your type and the ones you don't want, aren't your type, plain and simple.

I agree with xxazurexx. My friend has the same problem, attraction plays a huge role in the first step to liking an individual. She's overweight and always falls for extremly fit and attractive men - who often want the same as them - fit and attractive women - because of their routine of being fit, they expect the same of their partner. What are the type of guys that are falling for you and the type of guys that aren't? Once you have established that you can break the habit. Not saying looks are everything, as their are people who look past that, but personality as well. Say you got a guy who is into the rock scene and you hate the rock scene, I doubt he would be interested in hanging out with someone who doesn't share the same interests and would be more so attracted to someone who frequents the rock scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Kira View Post
    I agree with xxazurexx. My friend has the same problem, attraction plays a huge role in the first step to liking an individual. She's overweight and always falls for extremly fit and attractive men - who often want the same as them - fit and attractive women - because of their routine of being fit, they expect the same of their partner. What are the type of guys that are falling for you and the type of guys that aren't? Once you have established that you can break the habit. Not saying looks are everything, as their are people who look past that, but personality as well. Say you got a guy who is into the rock scene and you hate the rock scene, I doubt he would be interested in hanging out with someone who doesn't share the same interests and would be more so attracted to someone who frequents the rock scene.
    I cant really think of anything my partners have the same thing in common.. I have always met men in my friend circle.
    My friends are mostly idiots which is probably my problem. lol
    I also seem to go for men that most people say.. 'Really? Him?' lol I dont know thats the only thing i can think of! Everyone i seem to have dated or liked, people always seem to comment on how they would never think anyone would go for that person in particular.. But i find them interesting and exciting.. lol I dont know, i guess i should just keep an eye out for what my 'type' is..

Quote Originally Posted by JadenMia View Post
    But i find them interesting and exciting.
    I think this quote says quite a bit about what is happening. The word "exciting" makes it sound like you are looking for the "bad boy" type, the James Dean-esque rebel. The ones your mother warned you about. You know the cliches.

Even if this is not the case, maybe it is not the guys you choose, but maybe it has something to do with how you see yourself. Maybe you are sabotaging relationships before they even start (with the guys who are into you) because somehow you feel you don't deserve them. Or some other psychological mumbo-jumbo.

As Mr. Eyes said, it is hard to really know for sure without more information. We are all shooting blanks in the dark here.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!