+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Thought i actually meant something to her

Thought i actually meant something to her

Basically ended my 1.5 year relationship because i had doubts that i could love her with the way she unintentionally treated me, and the stress and complications of having her in my life that was eating me up inside.

Throught this 1.5 year relationship i helped her through depression and helped her through her parents splitting, she claimed that without me she would die inside and i told her that is stupid but she was 100% sure that without me life would be pointless, at this stage i believed her.

Around 80% of her friends are/were male, this made me uneasy as a couple of them had a thing for her at one stage or another, especially 1 friend who i knew at the time liked her more than a friend, this friend we will call Sam, anyway she spent time with him after school probably 2-3 times a week because he was depressed (not that i believed this, and still dont), they became good friends and she claimed that she knew sam liked her but she didnt see him as anything more than a friend blah blah blah, he would send her msgs alot saying 'hey wats up'... blah blah blah

So 2 or 3 weeks after we broke up she goes to this party with Sam and makes some friends, im happy for her.

She seemed fine about the break up, almost as though she was moving on straight away. There was suttle hints in bulletins and such that she posted on myspace and thru msn like 'pretty sure your cooler lol' and ' i no what i want but dont no if i should', this is similar to the way she acted when she liked me b4 we started going out, other things like that, i havent confronted her about this and dont plan to because she hasnt anything to do with my life other than slight friends now.

I was feeling down because i had a lonely weekend because all my mates were out with their partners etc, and i read all these things about the new friends etc.
    She started talking to me and i told her i had a bad weekend after she told me how great hers was. i told her i was sorry i couldnt love her anymore, but instead of saying wat i thought she would she said 'we knew from the start that this wasnt going to be a fairytale ending'...

I feel like shit because everyone is asking how she is because i ended it, no one cared/s about what i was going through when she seems to be coping without any complications.
    I no i can move on but it will take some time, but she said i meant everything to her, obviously i was mislea or am i just over analysing this situation
    For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.
    ~ by Ivan Panin ~

I've always hated when after a relationship ends someone claims that the other person "never cared for them" or "meant nothing to them."

It's ridiculous.

The person wouldn't have been with you if there weren't feelings there.

When my ex and I broke up the final time he claimed that I obviously "never loved him," because love doesn't just "disappear." He then called me a liar, a terrible person, etc.. because I wouldn't give him what he wanted. It was laughable.

Here's the thing-- feelings change. People change. Just because she said those things in the past, doesn't mean they apply to the present. Just because they don't apply to the present, doesn't mean that she never meant them or felt them.

Although you did the breaking up, she probably saw it coming and coped by surrounding herself with people to keep her positive about things.. which is something you should do instead of doing this to yourself.

yeah thanks i guess she just has exceptional skills at moving on unlikke me, i would surround myself with friends to keep me positive but realistically they are always busy, work, study, and their partners...and still amazingly i dont have the self confidence to meet knew people but i am trying (fingers crossed)
    it just broke my heart when she said we knew this wasnt going to last... i thought it would esspecially when she said things like i meant the world to her and that she loved me do much it hurt and i loved her so much...
    For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.
    ~ by Ivan Panin ~

WOW dude ****en bitches i hate them its ridiculous. Women change there emotions like shoes its ridiculous. I would feel like shit being with someone for 1.5 years, but maybe she thought it was just for fun. Who knows?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh man. You were her Shining Knight until she didn't need you anymore. This is classic & is NOT your fault at all. Here lovie, read and learn:

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/26633-description-shining-knight-syndrome.html[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

my boyfriend for 2.5 years was the one who ended up our relationship, i was so hurt, considering the fact that i never expected him to do that since he was my comforter and friend, not just my lover for a long time...

I don't want to admit it to my friends that i was hurting, so what i did, I pretended that I'm not hurt. i dated all the guys who seem to be interested in me, i wore a mask to pretend that I'm better off without him.

i want him to feel that i just don't care about what he did, cause at that time, i think that was the only way to hurt him as well...

You meant so much to her maybe, maybe she's just a good actress to hide what she really feels about the break up...

you can either choose to move on or talk to her about the matter...if you still love her, make an effort to win her back or if you don't , just move on............