+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How often do bf/gf have contact?

How often do bf/gf have contact?

I am just wondering, since I might be in the starting pit of a relationship (my first) right now. As things are now, we speak absolutely every day. If I don't send her a message or call her, I can bet she will.
    Don't get me wrong, I love to talk to her, and I would do it all the time if I could. I am just wondering if we will be able to keep all this communication up in the long run. Do couples that have been going out several months also text/phone each other absolutely every day?
    And if we are just "dating" (being monogamous), how often would be normal to meet up within a week? Or, how often do couples usually meet up?

I know you think I ask too much and analyze too much, but don't worry. I don't follow everything you guys say mechanically. I just want to hear opinions.

Talking every day is fine. It's how long you talk each day that determines whether or not you're going to be able to keep it up. The people that talk for 3-5 hours a day are the ones that can't keep it up. You simply run out of things to talk about and you kind of drain the relationship.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I usually talk to my girl on the phone every day. We usually hang out together one week night and for most of the weekend. But every relationship's different. At first I'd go for less over more, if you want to keep her interest up.

anachronistic Guest
    if i had a girlfriend i'd probably talk to her once a day, maybe spend some time together 2-3 times a week.