+ Follow This Topic

Thread: to forget or not to forget

to forget or not to forget

it's like this,
    Me and my girlfriend had been together for six months until she dumped me three weeks ago and now she has already found herself a new boyfriend. Of course I am very sad and upset. The thing is that she still wants to hang out with me, she still calls me once in a while and I obviously still haven't gotten over her cause I think about her constantly. And everytime I hang out with her now I just get very jealous that she already have a new boyfriend and has already forgotten about me. That makes me very depressed, I haven't forgotten about her. The question is, should I stop seeing her? tell her I don't want her to call me again? So I can move on, or is it just childish of me to think that way? that running away isn't the solution. Or should I continue to see her, continue to talk to her so I can prove to her that I don't give a f*ck about her anymore and just pretend that I am happy even if she dumped me so she thinks that I have gotten over her and doesn't think i'm very heartbroken.
    Last edited by JHW; 01-05-06 at 07:21 PM.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm sorry, but in this case, cutting off contact for the time being IS the best solution. Continuing to call her and pretending you're all 'cool' doesn't tell her that you're over her. It tells her ou still have feelings and are trying to maintain contact out of desperation. Don't make yourself look the fool here.

Stop seeing her, stop calling her, and if she calls you, make your conversations obviously short. That will make it less obvious that you're SAD.

Plus, I find the no-contact rule helps you move on and heal faster, which is what you need to do. You just need to be strong and make sure you absolutely stick by the no-contact rule. If you don't, you're just making it worse for yourself, trust me.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with bluesummer. Tell this girl you don't want to talk to her anymore. That is the best way to get over your breakup.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    I agree with bluesummer. Tell this girl you don't want to talk to her anymore. That is the best way to get over your breakup.

agree aswell its too hard to get over someone when your still talking hanging out on a regular basis.

Yes, You need to cut off all contact. That is the only way..

She wants her cake and eat it too. Tell her to chose either him or you. I don't think her boyfriend knows that shes still stringing you along. I wouldn't even waste my time with her. You can't chose who you love but you can chose how love treats you.