+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the ring back

Getting the ring back

Ok. Here's another problem i have. It's been a month now and she still have engagement ring. When we broke up i told her to return it and she said that she would. Now i'm getting over her and don't want to initiate contact with her. We didn't have any contact except for that sms she sent me and i really don't want to call and give her that pleasure. So what do i do in this situation? Just wanna say right upfront that we don't have mutual friends so getting it thru someone wouldn't be an option. Any ideas folks?
    ...The key is, being bold and gallant. She is looking for the knight on the big white Charger that she reads
    about in her stupid romance novels. Remember, after she decides to keep you, she will be throwing
    those books in the fireplace, where they belong, while trying to keep you warm!...
    Doc. Love

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha you indian giver. nah i understand that this ring was probably expensive and i would want to get a refund or atleast get something back for it. she's you've already talked to her about it and you want to severe your contacts, why asking one of your buds to say something.

in my mind, she probably doesn't want to give it back and is also thinking of selling it. or maybe she still loves you and still hopes that there is still a chance you'll get back together.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I must be missing something... Just go to her house and ask for it, deal with having to look at her for a couple of minutes

anachronistic Guest
    The easiest thing, although you don't want to do it, would be to just go up to her face and ask for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I must be missing something... Just go to her house and ask for it, deal with having to look at her for a couple of minutes
    Forgot to mention, she lives in diferrent state. So this wouldn't be an option either. BUt even if she did live close by, i wouldn't go anyways...
    ...The key is, being bold and gallant. She is looking for the knight on the big white Charger that she reads
    about in her stupid romance novels. Remember, after she decides to keep you, she will be throwing
    those books in the fireplace, where they belong, while trying to keep you warm!...
    Doc. Love

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    with that being said, there are only two options, either you call her or have a mutual friend try to get it back for you.

raverboy

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    with that being said, there are only two options, either you call her or have a mutual friend try to get it back for you.

raverboy
    There is a third option - Hobbits
    Doc. Love

Well, if she were a decent person, she would have returned the ring by now anyway. What makes you think she'll return it if you ask her to?

The ugly truth: you gave her that ring. She doesn't have to give it back. She should, but she doesn't have to.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    why does it have to be the ugly truth?? didn't you hear of the saying, "the truth will set you free" so if something is gonna set you free, shouldn't it be considered beautiful??

raverboy

If I were telling him something other than, "You may have to eat that $2300 you spent on that ring for that psychotic bitch", then yes, it would be beautiful.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    how about this... hey, you paid only $2300 to forget about this girl and you still have your pride nor did she kick you in your balls. and i'm guessing they didn't have a child together, thus no child support.. 2300 dollars or even 5000 isnt' a lot these days, one trip to vegas and it could be spent in one night.

raverboy

That's a good point. I don't actually know how much he spent on the ring- if I were him I wouldn't want it back anyway.

However much it was is well worth the lesson learned. Assuming he did, actually, learn the lesson this time.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i personally wouldn't want the ring back either. ok say he does get it back and then pawns it off to get some cash. with that cash, whatever he buys will replace the ring, and only be a reminder of his past. also, that's why i called him in indian giver..hehe.

raverboy

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think mosts court consider engagement rings "contingency gifts". They imply an intent to marry, and if no marriage is to occur, the ring goes back to the purchaser.

I think she should give it back. I don't know how much the ring is worth, but maybe you should ask for it one more time, and then file a small claims suit if she doesn't comply.
    Last edited by vashti; 06-07-07 at 11:24 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    i personally wouldn't want the ring back either. ok say he does get it back and then pawns it off to get some cash. with that cash, whatever he buys will replace the ring, and only be a reminder of his past. also, that's why i called him in indian giver..hehe.

raverboy
    I'd want the ring back. I would place the money in my bank account.

...unless ofcourse, I got it out of a 50 cent machine.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast