+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: What are some things we do that you hate?

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    I don't know any English people that would actually be offended by this.

None.
    Any English Girl would be offended by the term " pommy girl"
    ask anyone who wasn't a cheerleader in high school.
    but let's not make a big deal about it
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    It's considered a pejorative here, especially when used by non-Italians.
    Having grown up in strong Italian and Irish Boston neighborhoods, you simply don't say "Guido" and/or "Mick" unless you're an accepted member of the culture. The boys in Southie will have no problem reminding you of where you stand.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hate when men interrupt. I hate having to set them back for it. Its awkward.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I hate when men interrupt. I hate having to set them back for it. Its awkward.
    Haha... I know what you mean. My wife and I both have a bad habit of that, and when we do it to each other, we have a bout of "No no, after you".

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I hate the way men categorize me into "nice girl", which seems to be code word for "sucker".
    I was going to say "I like nice girls!". But then I realized that the first time in this tread a woman complained about something men do, I get into the defensive. After scores and scores of complaints about women, that would be pretty stupid of me.

I guess we should never generalize. What we hate in women, should be what we don't like in some women, or some people.

Thanks vashti, for making me realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    you don't? isn't it called something like "make them feel exactly the way I am feeling so they understand" ?
    Nope, that's not something that guys like me or Jolicoeur do generally speaking.
    Thanks for standing up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    It doesn't happen. What usually does happen is once they have decided you are not for them, the effort and potentially uncomfortable prospect of telling someone the real reasons why they aren't 'right' just doesn't rank highly among priorities, and is avoided. Sometimes it's probably for the best, but other times having some sincerity helps people move on, and improve themselves, if indeed there are things that need improving or changing.
    I travelled interstate to have this conversation personally with my LDR ex - to give him the opportunity to put questions to me and get honest answers, and to give him a form of closure (so he wasn't left wondering *why*) - admittedly, it was hard for us both, but he deserved to be treated with respect and get the chance to ask face-to-face - IMHO

Never been a game player (and hate that both sexes think that's the norm in dating/relationships), and have treated each potential partner with utmost sincerity and always been true to who I am when dating.

@wombat
    I'm so proud of you
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    I travelled interstate to have this conversation personally with my LDR ex - to give him the opportunity to put questions to me and get honest answers, and to give him a form of closure (so he wasn't left wondering *why*) - admittedly, it was hard for us both, but he deserved to be treated with respect and get the chance to ask face-to-face - IMHO

Never been a game player (and hate that both sexes think that's the norm in dating/relationships), and have treated each potential partner with utmost sincerity and always been true to who I am when dating.
    That is indeed a rarity. Good for you.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I don't hate anything in women. I hate things in some women, but as much as we like to pretend all women and only women do that, it really just depends on personality, and guys do many of the things women are well known for as well.

Well I'm obviously not a guy but I hate it when my fellow vagina owners use pet names, baby talk, leave hair in the sink/bathtub, resort to all sorts of schemes to manipulate their partners and I find girls who love fluffy sparkly pink stuff therefore wear such things or have their rooms decorated that way a huge turn off. And the list could go on.

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Women have painfull shopping habits. Men go to the shop, find what their looking for,purchase and then come home.Women patrol every store, every rack,every shelf scanning every item, make impulsive purchases and 12 hours later return home with a very worn out credit card and mentally shattered boyfriend.
    Hahaha sooo true of many of my girlfriends - I've never really been into clothes shopping - my ex hubby and I probs did that a few times a year together, but I knew which stores I wanted to visit and what I was after, as did he, so our trips were quite quick & productive. We would actually turn it into a date of sorts, we always made sure we did a leisurely lunch together, to create a mood of relaxation, followed by a movie at the cinema.

However I DO love grocery shopping! Food is a passion of mine, love to get creative in the kitchen & love eating just as much as cooking! LOL so I might spend a lil' more time in that area! hehe
    Last edited by wombat; 16-08-11 at 12:46 AM. Reason: (forgot the most important aspect of our "shopping" trip - the date side lol)

Oh dear my sister is like that - when we go shopping she looks at *everything* and it drives me insane. I get nervous now just thinking about it. I've already looked at the whole store and she's still at the same rack looking at every piece of clothing on it. I haven't got the patience to look through all the stuff and if I have one look around and nothing catches my eye I'll leave the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    Oh dear my sister is like that - when we go shopping she looks at *everything* and it drives me insane. I get nervous now just thinking about it. I've already looked at the whole store and she's still at the same rack looking at every piece of clothing on it. I haven't got the patience to look through all the stuff and if I have one look around and nothing catches my eye I'll leave the store.
    Lol - I have FOUR sisters like that - hate it when they try to drag me to the shops - I do my best to avoid it! They are all absolute fashion addicts/victims too - have to have what's hot right now (even though it's gunna be out of fashion a week from then lol)

Haha four? Oh my. I'll assume they're younger? I only have two. And only one of them is like that. None of us have a fashion addiction though. I'm actually more likely not to get something just because everyone else has it. I enjoy going shopping but as I said if I don't see something straight away I'll leave. I always get pissed off 'cause I never find what I'm looking for and generally end up buying lingerie. Or last time I went shopping for jeans I came home with 5 dresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    Haha four? Oh my. I'll assume they're younger? I only have two. And only one of them is like that. None of us have a fashion addiction though. I'm actually more likely not to get something just because everyone else has it. I enjoy going shopping but as I said if I don't see something straight away I'll leave. I always get pissed off 'cause I never find what I'm looking for and generally end up buying lingerie. Or last time I went shopping for jeans I came home with 5 dresses.
    Lol one is older (and has sent 2 husbands broke with her spending sprees - she is VERY high maintenance, but if they allow that to happen coz they want a trophy wife, then so be it - a shame really, coz both were great guys, but never curbed her spending!!)

The other three are all younger, and not "quite" as bad as my elder sister.

I'm the odd sheep in the family lol - fashion has never truly appealed to me (and find op shopping to be more satisfying as I'll pick up unique pieces there that no one has, quite a lot like yourself in that respect - I don't want to wear what everyone else is wearing lol - I know what suits me)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast