+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do women look past the chair?

Do women look past the chair?

3 years ago I had a bad diving accident, broke my neck, and now I'm in a wheelchair. It sucks, but I will never give up on my life.

You can imagine how this has affected my love life. Many girls want a tall, handsome, fit, dreamboy, which I am not in the flesh. But I do believe I have a lot to offer. I think I have an attractive face, a good personality, I have a good sense of humor, and I am a very loving person. My problem is confidence. It's hard for me to be confident that I can attract a girls attention. And I know confidence is what 99% of what women are looking for in those first moments of connection.

I just turned 19 yesterday! And I really want to change my shyness and self-conciousness into courage and confidence.

I know what I need to do, I could use some advice and suggestions on how to do this crazy thing called love in a chair.

Also,
    If any women reading this could imagine this scenario: A guy rolls up to you in a chair and is about to start making conversation.
    What's going through your mind?

This is not the sound of a new man or crispy realization
    It's the sound of the unlocking and the lift away
    Your love will be
    Safe with me

If any women reading this could imagine this scenario: A guy rolls up to you in a chair and is about to start making conversation.
    What's going through your mind?

Hmmm he's cute wonder what his name is?

You seem to have a positive attitude towards life so let that shine through when meeting girls. If you meet a girl and she is not attracted to you because of your chair then you don't wanna be with someone like that anyway.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    You seem to have a positive attitude towards life so let that shine through when meeting girls. If you meet a girl and she is not attracted to you because of your chair then you don't wanna be with someone like that anyway.
    Thanks!

And yes, I agree. I will definitely move on.

I've never had it happen that a guy hit on me who was in a wheelchair or I came across someone cute I liked that was in a wheel chair. I've wondered about it though. I think my main concern is whether the person can care for themselves. I am not the caring type. I avoid people who need help with basic things because I hate that level of physical contact even with someone I'm having sex with. I hate being relied on. The best you'll get from me is picking up a box of kleenex for you when you have a cold and otherwise I'm staying away even though I never get sick with things like that. That's really what makes me question such a relationship. Do I have to help?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by kageri View Post
    I've never had it happen that a guy hit on me who was in a wheelchair or I came across someone cute I liked that was in a wheel chair. I've wondered about it though. I think my main concern is whether the person can care for themselves. I am not the caring type. I avoid people who need help with basic things because I hate that level of physical contact even with someone I'm having sex with. I hate being relied on. The best you'll get from me is picking up a box of kleenex for you when you have a cold and otherwise I'm staying away even though I never get sick with things like that. That's really what makes me question such a relationship. Do I have to help?
    Whoa.

:redflag:

Confidence is key, as you know. I have a feeling that the chair won't be as much of a problem as you think, mainly due to where you will be meeting women. In a crowded bar scene it could be a hindrance. But that's because the people there want to dance and go crazy and stuff. But you will also meet women at functions for things you enjoy. Plus, you will have something in common immediately. So stay active, stay confident, and don't make being in a relationship your main priority. Casual, cool, and confident. Do that and you will be surprised at how good your love life can be.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hawking has ALS and got married. She'll have to be a pretty special woman, no doubt. They say there's someone for everyone. Certainly you'll never find her, tho, if you don't look.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

If you are positive and confident, they will come to you.

sadie_genie Guest
    That would mean you can't be on top? lol. Jokes.

I think if you are decent guy and have lots to offer, it would't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    That would mean you can't be on top? lol. Jokes.
    Oh there are ways, you just need a good imagination! haha

Thanks everyone, you've been a great help!

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i request a picture please
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

\keep up the positive attitude and the confidence my friend. There are no limitations in this life as long as you believe. You will have no problems getting the woman of your dreams. Just stay positive.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    when i was a teenager i read a book (true story) about a boy who had a dving accident, but for the life of me i can't remember the name or writer or what language i read it in. urgh...
    all i remember is how great it was.

otherwise, you are very cute and young and really shouldn't experience any problems in finding love.
    i know it's not the same but my fav actor whom I had a crash on for a very long time was able to find love, so can you:

mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    when i was a teenager i read a book (true story) about a boy who had a dving accident, but for the life of me i can't remember the name or writer or what language i read it in. urgh...
    all i remember is how great it was.

otherwise, you are very cute and young and really shouldn't experience any problems in finding love.
    i know it's not the same but my fav actor whom I had a crash on for a very long time was able to find love, so can you:
    Thanks Sonrisa. I tried to send you my picture, but I'm not sure if you got it...
    This is not the sound of a new man or crispy realization
    It's the sound of the unlocking and the lift away
    Your love will be
    Safe with me

Quote Originally Posted by kageri View Post
    What an awesome gf you would make..../sarcasm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast