+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Reversed roles, it really feels that way

Reversed roles, it really feels that way

So a background on the girl I've been dating for the past 4 months now.

She has a kid, 4 years old. The dad and she were dating after the kid was born, but he moved abroad and to the sound of things just gave up on the two of them.
    She got into another relationship after that, where the guy cheated on her and they broke up, they got back together, got engaged and then he cheated on her again. Then they finally broke up for good.

This all has happened more than a year ago, so time has past.

My problem comes in here, I'm in need of emotional attention, even in the smallest of ways, not fiscal way but more through her actions and words. Maybe a "I like you" here and a hug in the passing there.

For the first time I have a girl that is not clingy at all, but now I miss that little bit of clingyness. Don't get me wrong, i love it for she gives me space and don't text me 20 times if I don't reply, she understand that I could be busy. But I need some form of it though. Does it make sense?

A "I miss you" or something would be great. According to her the relationship can't get better and things according to her is moving forward in a good way. But I feel a lack of support in an emotional way. I want to say that she is emotional unavailable.

1) Is this the person who she is?
    2) Is this because of her bf messing her up?

Any view other than mine would be great.

Thank you

Perhaps because she got into trouble before she is afraid of trusting and hanging in someone again. Try to make her feel safe and to talk in a nice way about it. Most problems guys get into is because they don't say what is going on to their women, we aren't telephaths yet

Thanks for your response. I have tried in the best way possible, she do say "there is a hole where here heart should be".

It is killing me inside, as it feels one sided. Bringing this up again, feel like I put unnecessary strain on the relationship.

How difficult it is if she believes everything is A OK, but inside I'm so unhappy!