+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ghosts......i see dead people......

ghosts......i see dead people......

A ghost is said to be the apparition of a deceased person, frequently similar in appearance to that person, and usually encountered in places she or he frequented, the place of his or her death, or in association with the person's former belongings.

do you believe in ghosts? if so, have you got a story? if not do you have an explanation?

Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I have pictures of ghosts

I don't have any direct experience with ghosts, but I love watching those "ghost hunting" shows like Paranormal State. I'm not sure if I really do believe, but I'm interested and open minded enough to entertain the thought that they do.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't believe in them. There's no serious evidence to lead me to entertain the idea.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I believe.

I was up late one night, brushing my teeth, when I thought I heard something outside the bathroom door. I turned off the water, and listened. From the other side of the door came the sound of heavy breathing. Then what sounded like long fingernails being slowly drawn over parts of the door and lightly tapping the doorknob.

This happened for about a half hour around 4 in the morning. There was no one else on the same floor of the house as me, and probably no one else awake. I still don't know exactly what I heard that night, whether it was one of my siblings sleepwalking or playing a joke on me or a ghost or something. But it sure was terrifying.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    People create these things in their own minds.

ye know frasbee, this i believe literally.

I have a theory that the mind is powerful enough to pre-record an image that will replay giving the impression of a ghost when in actual fact it may have just been some person one paid a lot of attention to at some point in their lives...could have been someone walking down the street.

thats my theory anyway
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You bet.

Both my fiance and I have witnessed some pretty scary things first hand. I'm a skeptic of anything without proof....and I've seen all the proof I need or ever want to see again, thanks.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I don't believe in ghost.

I will just believe if I, myself, can see it.

Oh, of course you have. Every time you've heard someone say they saw a ghost, or an angel- every story you've ever heard about vampires, werewolves, or aliens, is the system assimilating some program that's doing something they're not supposed to be doing.

But really, no. Something being inexplicable is one thing. Resorting to made-up ideas of ghosts and flesh-eating genetically modified pandas is another.

Yes I've been home alone as a kid and heard sounds that scared the bejeebies out of me, but have yet to see anything that could count as supernatural.

I've been told I am ghostly white hiding under my shirt with my farmers tan...does that count?

No I don't believe in ghost. My ex would claim to see ghosts and shit but I think she was full of shit because she also told the guy she's dating that she heard the voice of his dead best friend telling her he was planning to make a bad decision, turned out he was going to breakup with her...lol.

I'm iffy about them. I dont really know what to believe. But I've had encounters that led me more on the believing side. OUr porch door was open and it was nighttime. I looked outside and I saw a woman standing outside with a long flowing dress blowing in the wind with a cat next to her...She was almost transparent, but I saw enough of her to scare the shit out of me lol. I closed the door and went to bed lol.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Why should I believe?

I think that is the question to ask.
    Don't expect anything.

A friend of mine swears that he saw one years ago, as a kid. He's not one to lie, or even embellish, so I believe that he saw one...however, I'll need to see one for myself to TRULY believe.
    Frasbee caught me doing something naughty with my signature. He told me that if I continue to do so, he'll bend me over his knee and ban my ass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast