+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need help...maybe mental help

Need help...maybe mental help

Hi all...new to the forum. I dont even know how to start this. I am 24 Female and I am paranoid and extremely insecure although 100% of people say I am very good looking my paranoia makes me think they are all lying. The reason to this is that I was trying to have a normal relationship but it has been impossible since every time a guy approaches me I feel afraid. Then even if they get to know me I always have an impression that they just want sex, because sometimes when insanity leaves me I see real me, a pretty girl with great body. But that all turns into deception again. I am intimidating guys in these short relationships by being very serious because I am nervous and eventually even if they make an aggressive move I panic and almost literally run back home. I am so aggressive and frustrated because of this, became one of those outcast angry figures.
    But I want love so much...nobody believes that I have never had a boyfriend. Sad reality is that they don't know how crazy I am behind that pretty facade.
    Any advice?

P.S. the only way out I see is getting high, at least then I don't feel miserable

and don't ask me to put out a picture, my social anxiety barely lets me even feel safe this way.
    Last edited by Kate121; 09-05-14 at 07:06 PM.

Simple, seek out a therapist to help you....possibly need drug therapy for your anxiety. Contact your doctor to see what they recommend.

Why are you extremely insecure? This might be pushing it, but what experiences did you have in the past that made you so afraid? [only if you are comfortable, and don't share anything that will reveal identities]. Insecurities will ruin relationships too even if the other person is doing everything right, so it is probably best to face the reasons why you are so afraid. Do this with a counselor or therapist, not with someone inexperienced and definitely not with a guy. If you don't have access to these resources, something that I do is I journal about all my thoughts and feelings, then I examine it pretending to be a complete stranger to see why the author of the journal [me] is feeling this way.

This is for mental and emotional health, and I really wish that you'll find access to at least some things. It's scary, but you will come out stronger!

Get therapy. Your anxiety is irrational and out of control. Your so insecure you dont trust your own instincts. Normally I would say its good to ne cautious and to protect yourself from certain kinds of men but there not all bad and you have got to learn to trust at some point so counselling is probably your best option
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

You need to see a psychiatrist first to rehabilitate you from your drug addiction ( you said you get high to get out of your misery) then work with the same physician to help you with social anxiety disorder and panic attacks. And also go for cognitive behavioral therapy so they can give you tools on how to cope with your day to day stress dealing with your anxiety attacks.