+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A woman president

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

A woman president

I would be really surprised if the news agencies weren't so liberal and hadn't already reported this, but seeing as they are, I'm not really surprised I haven't

A president is the top leader in the military. The president can decide to have war, where to send troops, who to fight, all that (to some degree of course, but look at Bush). All combat roles are restricted to men, conscription includes all males over the age of 18, but not females. Is it right to have a woman leader being the one responsible to send an entirely different demographic off to fight and die, when her own demographic can't? Just think about it- Millions of men mobilizing to fight a war with the usual death and suffering, all men, all mobilized at the command of a woman?

You tell me, if it was reversed imagine the bricks people would be shitting

Women have that power over men now anyways. You guys are the servent to our womanness, hehe.

No offense, just playing a little bit. But men really are designed biologically to serve women and women serve men too in other ways.

Now go take out my trash .

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have no problem with women staying home safe during war. It's a disgusting thing and if someone's got to do it, it may as well be men. I can tell you if my sister was served draft papers and expected to march off to the front lines to fight she would go only over my dead body. I'd kill any son of a bitch who tried to make her.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

misombra for president.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I have no problem with women staying home safe during war. It's a disgusting thing and if someone's got to do it, it may as well be men.
    I agree 100% and that should NEVER be changed. But the argument was, with that being the case, should a woman be able to command them to war?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't really have a problem with it. I actually think a woman is more likely to care about the men she'd be sending off to die than a man would.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

i agree. we could definitely think of bigger problems to deal with and be very careful what we send our men off to fight for. i think anyway. will we ever know in our lifetime what it's like to have a woman president?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maggie Thatcher did just fine, DM.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falklands_War[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

no need to worry about it since a woman will never be elected president.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Maggie Thatcher did just fine, DM.
    Current research indicates Margaret Thatcher wasn't even a woman

But all joking aside, I'm not saying women aren't qualified to be president. Just as a matter of principle, is that something people can swallow? The answer is yes it is, of course

I doubt that President is the leader of your country. How can a guy, who can't even read his speech that is written to him (because he cannot write by himself?), lead a country, yet alone military?
    A woman would be a wuzzy head, unless she is actually a really dry person and reminds more the masculine side. But that wouldn't change anything because she would just be the representative. Just look at Bush, he thinks things really are under his arm, which clearly isn't.
    Last edited by boobaa; 05-08-08 at 04:49 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Much as I hate Bush, if you want to talk bad about the man, pick something other his poor oratory skills. Really, there are other skills that should be considered far more important.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If Obama weren't such a strong candidate (and young! this is good), then you would have had a woman president in November, I'm certain.

It will happen more, DM, its just a matter of time. Presidents should be chosen based on a merit & there are more & more qualified women. Christina Fernandez was just elected in Argentina last Dec, for example.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Speaking of Obama, today he gave a speech in the same building where my sister works in Michigan. She said on her walk out the Secret Service gave her suspicious looks. Yeah, a 22 year old blue eyed accountant is gonna cause all kinds of trouble

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    A woman would be a wuzzy head, unless she is actually a really dry person and reminds more the masculine side.
    Boobaa, any woman who becomes President of the USA will have to be a formidable person, simply b/c she will be the first American president. She will put the 'Whoa' in wo-man, I have no doubt. Tho I really admire Hillary Clinton & think she's very accomplished, obviously she just didn't have the right combination of 'stuff' for this present time. Its probably a good thing given the amount of Middle East & asian diplomacy that will have to happen in the next decade. Women are not as respected in those cultures. Obama will have a hard enough time dealing the attitude toward his Kenyan heritage.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast