+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong for a 17 maybe 16 and 22 year old to be together?

Is it wrong for a 17 maybe 16 and 22 year old to be together?

Hi there is a girl I liked and also found she is interested in me however I have also found she is only 17 i go some feeling she maybe 16 which is a shame because I think she is probably too young for me. After looking at these boards there are people that said this is fine and we should go for it and others say that person must be a pedo and a pervert so I not sure if it right or wrong.

To be honest I wouldn’t mind waiting for sex until she turn 18 and I have never had a girlfriend so I wouldn’t be taking advantage and I wouldn’t want to anyway. I would also want to speak to her parents first to see if there was happy for us to date since I wouldn’t want there to any problems.

I just not sure what is the right thing everyone is either the guy a creep or there nothing wrong with it.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    there's nothing wrong as long as you treat her right. forget what everyone else says, but listen to her parents. they will be against it haha.... i would.

in the end, if you treat her right, no one can say anything... and yes, wait on the sex because her parents can actually throw your ass in jail for having sex with a minor.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

That's 5, 6 years age difference.

People don't have a problem seeing a 22 and 28 year old couple, or 30 and 36 together.

Of course there's the legal aspect. Legally, she's under age and that may become an issue if you're not carefull.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There is probably going to be a gap in maturity level (and if there isn't, that is kind of odd). Combined with the law being against you, I don't advise it. However, since you are highly unlikely to listen to anyone about this, I advise you to CYA and get the parent's permission.

I wouldn't allow it though, if she were my daughter.
    Last edited by Junket; 19-07-09 at 11:09 PM.

Funny thing about teenagers... it'll happen whether the parents allow it or not... only difference is whether or not the kids talk to them about it.

Biggest issue is legality. Even if everyone's all peachy about it now, all you need is for someone to get pissed off, and you'll be registering as a sex offender for the rest of your life.

Second issue is maturity. Emotionally and intellectually, there is a huge difference between a 16-yr-old and a 22-yr-old. You can hang out at bars while she still has to go to Chuck E Cheese's.

The thing is, even if you went to the parents, they probably would not believe you that you would wait til she was older for sex. And, I don't think that when you approach parents of a girl you like, you want to bring up sex at all. Even if your intentions are good, they will probably not believe you. I would be careful since this is a legality thing.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

I have already decided I am going to stay away from her It;s a shame because I think we would of being good together and since I never had a girlfriend It would of being worth the wait with her however it's not worth the hassle.

I don't think me and dating are meant for one another

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas130 View Post
    I have already decided I am going to stay away from her It;s a shame because I think we would of being good together and since I never had a girlfriend It would of being worth the wait with her however it's not worth the hassle.

If you never had a girlfriend, she would have been a horrible place to start.

I have a good friend in that situation, her parents absolutley hate it and no matter how much they're persuaded there'll be no sex they don't believe her. People are mentioning maturity, thinking my friend must be lucky she's VERY mature for her age and he's kinda immature XD
    I know you've said you'll wait but i still think that it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

I had a fraternity brother in college that was 22 and he started seeing a girl that was 17. They talked for a long time before they got together. Everything was fine for several months. Then, her parents got angry with him. They called the police. My friend was arrested and is now a sex offender for the rest of his life. She was 10 days from being 18. His life is ruined. His college education is not worth the paper it is written on now.

Not worth it. No one is. If she really likes you as much as she says, she will STILL like you when she turns 18. There is no sense in taking a chance on ruining your life over anyone. And don't kid yourself into thinking that her family would NEVER do it. If they are angry, just remember blood is thicker than water. Their daughter has nothing to lose. You have a life of embarrassment and shame. Take a look at the sex offender registry and ask yourself if you want to take a chance on your name, picture, address, and place of employment being on there for the REST of your life. NOT WORTH IT!

Using your brain on this one...

Why not bring her out for a few casual dates, have fun and see if there's really any chemistry between you two? Get her parents permission if you feel thats appropriate. You dont have to have sex with her right away.

And why did you think you are not meant for dating? Have some confidence.
    What could change the nature of a man?

Because this is the first girl I have liked for 4 years the other girl I liked never felt the same way and took me a long time to get over. I was'nt looking for a girlfriend however I have meant this girl however the problem is I found she is 16 and not sure I should date her.

I angry that age is the thing that will stop us and everyone has a different opinion some people think as you love each other it does'nt matter. However people would think i am low life and pervert to date her.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I angry that age is the thing that will stop us and everyone has a different opinion some people think as you love each other it does'nt matter. However people would think i am low life and pervert to date her.
    You need to ask yourself if you wouldn't mind letting your teenage daughter be alone with an older man.

Things are different when it's your daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You need to ask yourself if you wouldn't mind letting your teenage daughter be alone with an older man.

Things are different when it's your daughter.
    I understand that perfectly and I suppose I would want to know why a 22 year old is dating a 16 year old at first but I suppose I rather her date someone older like myself who cares about his future and wants to do well in his life and does care about his daughter. Then some guy closer to age who is a nobody and only uses for sex

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I understand that perfectly and I suppose I would want to know why a 22 year old is dating a 16 year old at first but I suppose I rather her date someone older like myself who cares about his future and wants to do well in his life and does care about his daughter. Then some guy closer to age who is a nobody and only uses for sex
    Fan of Michael Jackson?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast