+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes, I really hate my best friend

Sometimes, I really hate my best friend

I just dont know what to think sometimes. My best friend has been ticking me off lately. I've known him for five years. We have alot of common interests and used to always have something to talk about. Lately however I've just been wanting to put his head through a wall. He's been going out with some girl he met (actually, she was a friend of ours before this) and hasn't been the same since. Well, I guess I cant really say that. He's the same in ways, not in others. We still know each other like we were each other, but we just dont hang out as much.

I've always been the one to go to his house. He came over, just not as much as me. Then it dropped to rarely last summer. Now he never shows up. He doesn't hardly go anywhere anymore unless someone picks him up. The only time I know that he goes anywhere with friends is every Tuesday for poker night with some friends because they pick him up. Sometimes he gets all indignant because I dont come, even though he flat out refuses to come to Halo nights. He likes playing Halo, which is why I dont understand why he doesnt come. All we really want is more people to hang out with and he doesnt seem to give a damn.

His girlfriend is in college and usually comes home every weekend. When she comes home he's always spending time with her. I like her, just not like I used to. His attitude is really starting to make me dislike her as he's seemed to have forgotten his friends, a mistake I vow to never make. We can't even keep up conversations anymore. I try and talk to him about things I used to talk to him for long periods about, like video games but he just isn't interested anymore. I don't really know what to talk to him about anymore. He just irritates me these days. I told him to go without seeing his girlfriend for a weekend, just to see if he could do it. From his response you'd have thought I'd asked him to go without breathing for a week.

He always defends himself by saying that I just dont understand since I dont have a girlfriend. Maybe not, but I sure as hell have a good imagination. I know for a fact that people have gone two weeks without seeing their significant other but they didn't drop dead. I'm just wanting more and more to let his face know how painful a hardwood floor can be. I dont wanna bitch too much because I dont wanna loose my best friend but with the way things are going, it's looking like I already am. I might just have to open up u the flood gates and let my anger out. He might not understand any other way.
    Last edited by Tribulation; 11-12-06 at 11:09 AM.

King Zarathu Guest
    He's a psychological mess, and he's wrapping his identity around her. They'll break up, he'll be crushed, and then he might realize how much of a ****ing dumbass he was. In the meantime, you need to go find other peeps to chill with.

Talk to him about it? Nah. Let him learn on his own. It'll be fine.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribulation View Post
    He always defends himself by saying that I just dont understand since I dont have a girlfriend.
    I agree. He must really love this girl for him to be revolving so much of himself around her. If he is getting out with the boys once or twice a week, I think he is probably doing fine.

I know it is painful, but this is a normal part of life. People are supposed to make a primary bond with another human being, and that is usually the person they are sleeping with. This girl is the most important person to him now, and if you care about him, you will have to understand that because if you don't, he will cut you loose. For all you know, he may marry this girl. Would you STILL expect that he should prefer to hang out with the boys?

Anyway, you will be doing the same when you meet YOUR girl. You just don't know it yet.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I agree. He must really love this girl for him to be revolving so much of himself around her. If he is getting out with the boys once or twice a week, I think he is probably doing fine.

I know it is painful, but this is a normal part of life. People are supposed to make a primary bond with another human being, and that is usually the person they are sleeping with. This girl is the most important person to him now, and if you care about him, you will have to understand that because if you don't, he will cut you loose. For all you know, he may marry this girl. Would you STILL expect that he should prefer to hang out with the boys?

Anyway, you will be doing the same when you meet YOUR girl. You just don't know it yet.
    *cough* Bullshit.

Sure, you're supposed to make bonds...but...revolve your life around them? Good game. **** that.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You'll see, grasshopper.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    You'll see, grasshopper.
    I don't care. You're not supposed to revolve your life around them.

Shit, you're married, and your life revolves around Love Forum. :p

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ooh! I am experiencing deja vu.

King Zarathu Guest
    ooh! I am experiencing deja vu.
    Oh yeah? Do tell.

This girl is the most important person to him now, and if you care about him, you will have to understand that because if you don't, he will cut you loose.
    I understand that he cares alot for her. And know how he feels as I've felt the same way before about women. The thing is, he doesnt have to spend time just with her like what he's trying to do. It cant be healthy.

If I did as much things as people said I'd do I'd be dead right now. When I do meet my girl, I have no doubt in my mind that I'll spend alot of time with her and cancel plans with friends to be with her. But, I wont do it all the time. I'll make as much time for friends as I can as friends, (if you make the right ones) are for life. Telling a girl that she looks like she's gained an ounce will put you back into the singles house again.

King Zarathu Guest
    Dude..."a lot" is two words. It's ****ing driving me crazy. Stop it!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How old are you, Tribulation?

King Zarathu Guest
    How old are you, Tribulation?
    He's 16...and probably hotter than you (to a girl).

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Most 16 year olds are hotter than me.

Anyway, that would explain his position on this matter.

King Zarathu Guest
    Most 16 year olds are hotter than me.
    Speaking of which, I threw another picture in the gallery.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by King Zarathu View Post
    Speaking of which, I threw another picture in the gallery.
    That's not a picture of you. That is a mannequin without a head.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast