+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused by him

Confused by him

So this is a bit of a long story so bear with me guys.
    I'm currently going on dates with a guy but I'm unsure over whether he is serious or not.
    We have been talking on and off for two years online and we finally met last December and we went on a few dates and he started panicking thinking that I was going to want marriage and babies straight away and we both communicated badly and ended up stopping seeing each other and not talking.
    We started chatting again a few weeks ago and he said that he really enjoyed our time together and he likes me and we both agreed that we went about things wrong the first time and decided to go on another date we spent the whole day together we had lunch and went for drinks and then back to his to listen to music and then the obvious
    It took him ages to make more plans with me for a second date and I complained that he never made enough time for me. When we went out again he took me for dinner and afterwards we discussed the issues with not seeing him. He said that he knew he was unreliable at times, but that he is trying really hard to make a success of things like his job and find a balance where he gets to work on his projects (which he had shown me and told me about) spending time with his family and friends and then having some time to himself. He says that has certain priorities that he needs to do but that doesn't make them more important than me.
    We do talk everyday via text but he can be unreliable with that by disappearing and not replying for hours and hours
    The thing about marriage and babies doesn't bother me as i am not looking for that for many years.
    But I really like this guy like I feel a good connection but just wanted to know whether you guys think he would be serious about anything or whether I'm being strung along?

How do you think you can find out wether you are strung along or wether he is seriously into you?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

I honestly don't know because I feel as if it's too early on to have that conversation about what we are, I'm not great at reading people and what their intentions are which makes it even worse for me

Let us assume you keep in contact with him and actually spend more then 2 dates together.
    Do you think you would then get better at judging him?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

Probably yes, it's just the lack of time he has that we can't exactly progress quickly into anything.

you want to find out wether you are strung along or wether both of you can evolve a working relationship?
    You could not find out up until now due to a lack of time together?
    What exactly is keeping you from spending more time together and paying attention to him, his emotions and dreams so that you can find out over time?