+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Question about birth control, and other issues

Question about birth control, and other issues

My girlfriend has been on birth control for a while, and I had no idea of the horrible side effects until today after reading them.
    I believe she takes yasmin, and has been on it for at least a year.

We love eachother very much, and yet she has been dwelling on the past lately, and things that I have said. I believe this could be due to the pills side effects.

She somehow brings up every negative aspect of our relationship, and yet no positives. I feel she is stressed out, anxious, and border line depressed. She also throws up constantly, and feels nauseous all the time.

When she moved out, she said she wanted space, but still comes to see me quite a bit, and calls still.

I really want to give her space, but at the same time I love this girl so much that doing so may put her into an even deeper depression if I stay away.

What I want to know is if this sounds like birth control wreaking havoc on her, or could shes just be like this?

I would much rather her be off of this if it is the culprit, because in the past I had been on medication which made me depressed, and it is the worst feeling in the world.

Any ideas, suggestions, comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bring her to the clinic. Only the doctor can answer your question.
    They know about this one.

after a year the side effects should be to a minimum since her body has adjusted to it. It could be something else but only a doctor would be able to tell you that.

My girlfriend is on OrthoTricyclen and the first few months were tough, she was always moody, dizzy, feeling sick, weird sleep schedule, etc. Basically all of the side effects. but they passed, they aren't really an issue anymore. Her friend is on Yasmin and she has no more side effects that I know of.

Tedel Guest
    Stop using contraceptives would be a great idea under these circumstances.