+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I talk to her again or let this die?

Should I talk to her again or let this die?

My girlfriend of four months broke up with me Monday,just saying it felt more like friends now. I'll say up front, I had no plans to end it but had been recently questioning the long term viability of the relationship due to our differences. The age gap (27-20), she was a stoner and i'm a health nut, we both agreed that we had chemistry but have had it better with other people, we were different, but we always had fun together and enjoyed the company of each other. She had a lot of redeeming traits too: no games ever, honest, loyal, integrity. She's shy and told me about a month ago I was the cloesest she's ever been to a guy.

The week leading up to the break up went like this. We spent last weekend together, and then due to a busy week, I was really distant this past week and maybe blew her off a little, although we normally didnt talk much between hanging out twice a week on average. She finally texted me Wednesday and again Thursday. Thursday I told her we'd go out on a weekend fun date, that alas I had to cancel that last minute. She asked why we hadn't talked much, I just told her it was a busy week and everything seemed fine. Tried to make it up Sunday, but she was busy. Monday when I tried to make plans for the week, I got the "let's talk" and I was toast. I kept my cool and told her yeah, maybe it's for the better. She stated that the week of not talking much had nothing to do with it, but I can't help wonder if it pushed her away thinking I lost interest. If so, i'd like to talk to her again and see if there is anything I can fix because I still do care. Should I try talking to her, or take what she said at face value and move on? Would appreciate some advice!
    Last edited by the_stig; 02-12-10 at 07:47 AM.

Yeah, the week of no contact had everything to do with it........duhhhhh. You're 27 years old, go find a woman to date. She's young......

On another note, the stig would know what to do in this situation. The stig is the man lol, j/k......no not really