+ Follow This Topic
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Turn One night stand into a Relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Good plan, and for the record, Mish is the WORST person on the entire board to argue with because he will not EVER just let it go, no matter how much non-sense you make. (even worse than Grk... trust me on this.)
    I fixed your post

You're right, I don't give up and I take pride in that fact
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Good plan, and for the record, Mish is the WORST person on the entire board to argue with because he will not EVER just let it go, no matter how much sense you make.
    That's because.., Mish was also making sense.., they were just both arguing different points..

I find it hilarious though.., that because you simply didn't agree with him.., that you would go through the effort of trying to paint him out to be this egotistical maniac who makes no sense but simply can't stand to stop arguing. (Are you starting to see the irony?)

I don't know why there's such bad blood between the two of you.., I really have no idea.., but there shouldn't be.. Just kiss and make up already..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I fixed your post
    Adding fuel to the fire.., wow.., and I thought I was bad

Boredom + Internet = Fun
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

The second I read the title I knew it was a szmata or bitch. Not a dude.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    I don't know why there's such bad blood between the two of you.., I really have no idea.., but there shouldn't be.. Just kiss and make up already..
    Are you guys fcuking each other?

Are you guys fcuking each other?
    No, but we still don't want to fcuk you

Thanks for showing the interest though, it's flattering
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

This thread is officially turning violent.

How old is Shh!?

Update. We're still together...meet during the week or on the weekends...attraction is still very intense, we stare into each other's eyes and kiss so much! Sex is amazing!We also share a lot of interests and talk a lot!

But we have new problems. Yesterday he poped the question:where do you see this relationship going? I went speechless. I'm planning on moving to another city for an important career opportunity the end of the year. I told him: honestly I have no answer. I would probably consider giving up anything else if you asked, but not my career. It's the most important thing in my life. He said he may not be able to move cuz he won't be able to sell his house with this housing market.We're unwilling to break up either.

I'm so bumed out!!! All I know is I want this man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by questiongirl View Post
    I'm so bumed out!!! All I know is I want this man!!!
    And he definitely wants you!!!!!

I would really think about my options if I was in this case. Maybe you guys can do long distance for a while. To me, it's not really that bad but I'm special so I know it won't work for many.

Distance is extremely difficult. Even those that say they can make it work falter. Especially in a relationship where intimacy is so important.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Distance is extremely difficult. Even those that say they can make it work falter. Especially in a relationship where intimacy is so important.
    That's true. For a LDR to work there needs to me intimacy (preferably daily), romantic love, and commitment in it…also, need a timeline to end the LDR to become more local.

I do know of couples (even married ones) who are in a long term LDR. Those people LOVE TRAVELING and are WILLING & ABLE to do it often (usually job demands...think of celebrities and business people who travel more than they stay home). They must have the money to do this and are able to do it often such as AT LEAST monthly. Others can do short term LDR and meet less often than once per month.

Yes, if the two people aren't using to distance and don't like being apart, it's not going to work. My relationship lasted a little over a year with the distance but it just fell apart with about seven months left.

Distance is a killer.

In my relationship we love our time apart and are having some adventures traveling to different destinations. We would not be together if we were local. He travels often for work and I do it for fun and a little work. This is a casual exclusive relationship and we are just having fun traveling. It would not work like this for a serious long term relationship however. Our relationship will not last long so I am trying to not become emotionally invested but it's difficult because we are feeling more and more closer to each other but must understand not much will become of it.

Understand your pros and cons to keeping the relationship and doing a LDR. Try to envision whether you see it going anywhere....analyze the price of traveling often and how often. Know your partner and try to determine if they have the abilities to endure a LDR, and resist temptations, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    This is a casual exclusive relationship and we are just having fun traveling. It would not work like this for a serious long term relationship however.
    Exactly.

I think that's why my relationship went sour. We weren't casual.

Distance can be overcome, but there HAS to be a known end date and both people have to want to make it work and have to know that it's going to be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I think that's why my relationship went sour. We weren't casual.
    Besides fighting to not become emotionally invested, I love this casual but exclusive relationship much better than the demands of my serious long term relationship. In fact, I would have married my ex if it was more like the relationship I have now. Living together and seeing his (oops, our) annoying habits for years lowered our desire for each other. My relationship now (although casual) is so much more intense than my LTR that I cannot imagine just living together and doing the mundane things that couples do daily. I would rather we live separate lives and meet each other for intense passion and adventure. I could really imagine doing that for life if only I could find a partner that agrees, remains exclusive and drama free. Of course, if children were in the picture or a more traditional marriage was needed or desired this scenario would not work.
    Last edited by lesa; 23-08-08 at 03:12 AM.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast