+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One last thing.. question for the ladies

One last thing.. question for the ladies

If you met a guy you were absolutely crazy about, would you continue seeing him if you found out about a month into the relationship that he had cancer and a problem with impotency?

The cancer is one of the slowest-growing one and there is an 80% chance of recovery.... and the impotency can be cured, but might take a few months to do so.

I would pursue a relationship with him... as you said... the cancer and the impotency are curable, will only take a few months. This is at the beginning of the relationship where it's more favorable to go slowly with physical intimacy anyway.

Just don't become overly sympathetic towards his medical condition to the point of changing who you essentially are.

Wish you the best of luck...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what the fuk are both of you talking about? cancer curable in a couple of months? cancer can kill in a couple of months. you need to be specific to the kind of cancer when you ask that shit.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    what the fuk are both of you talking about? cancer curable in a couple of months? cancer can kill in a couple of months. you need to be specific to the kind of cancer when you ask that shit.

Curable as in remission. Many forms of cancer can be maintained well enough to allow a fairly long life (if they are treated early enough).
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

i am glad you know so much about cancer. ever had any of your close ones die from it?

About half of my family on both my mom and dad's side...

We have lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, lymphoma, and melanoma... Usually the cancer tends to manifest in the mid to late 50's... and if you don't get cancer by then... chances are you probably won't.

- James Allen

i might give it a go but tbh i reckon i would get too frustrated after a while. it is an integral part of a growing relationship. its how people become closer and bond. but if you think you can handle then try it, but i wonder if it's possible at the beginning of a relationship..
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    dang, i asked the wrong person. well, those whom i know have died within 6 months after being diagnosed. i guess your side of the family has an ability to beat cancer.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

dang, i asked the wrong person. well, those whom i know have died within 6 months after being diagnosed. i guess your side of the family has an ability to beat cancer.
    Not really... quite a few of them have died along the way... but many were from years ago when cancer treatments weren't nearly so good...

My Uncle Karl-Heinz has colon cancer... but because it was found early... he may live a fairly long life...

We just know cancer is prevalent in our family... so we check for it more often.. and thus are more likely to catch it in a early stage... when more options are available.

- James Allen

He has early stages of prostate cancer... although the impotency is because of anti-depressants.

Also, he is a recovering alcoholic and has been sober for 2 years.

eh don't get involved, very bad idea, too many potential problems
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Too late... and I already fell really hard.
    :roll eyes:

but you have only been seeing him for a month?!

2 1/2 months... and we saw each other a lot in that time.

what makes you want to be with him? what is so great about him that would make you possibly sacrifice future happiness?

I really like him (his personality) and am very attracted to him physically.

Yes, he has issues, but all seem they could be overcome in time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast