+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what is she thinking?

what is she thinking?

So my ex broke up with me because she was always busy and just didnt have enough time for a serious relationship, we went out for 6 months so i thought it was pretty serious! also it was her first longish relationship in about 10 years so i think she got scared.
    anyways i went strict NC, today was the 28 day mark. Today she texts me saying she knows i probably dont want to hear from her but she felt she needed to say...her brothers wedding was great but she really missed me. i text back saying no its good to hear from you, glad it went well for the family and hope you're well. she text back saying thanks, it was an emotional day, how was my recent holiday? i responded saying yeah was great, just far too mcuh alcohol!
    i onl replied because im feeling pretty good about the break up these days. hasnt set me back at all which is good.
    suppose im jsut asking womens opinions, im thinking she either felt guilty and was just looking to reach out to ease her guilt or maybe she is regretting the decision?

I'm not a women so you probably don't care for my opinion, but this doesn't sound like something you should worry too much about. You dated for 6 months so obviously she had feelings for you that were real. You said it yourself, she broke up with you because she was far too busy for a relationship and didn't feel she was able to give you everything you need as the boyfriend. Just like you, she was probably doing alright with the break-up (albeit her business probably diverted her mind from the matter). And then, she had the wedding, and probably had several experiences that you would have been there for too and it made her think of you and miss you and so she wanted to talk to you again. I've known girls who've been in this situation and they've sent the texts to "see where they're at" so to speak. They know the miss the guy, and part of them wanted to know if that guy still missed them too or if he's just completely forgotten her. Because as the girls have said, despite the break-up or whatever had, they don't want to burn bridges and just be completely forgotten like that.

I hope that all makes sense, I just wanted to give you my opinion from people I've known. Good luck!

yeah i think as well she just wanted to know what i was thinking. we work together as well so she prob just wanted to make sure there was no issues there, even though there hasnt been! ah sure i might get these texts every now and again or that might be it! dont really mind.

thanks for the reply. hmm thats an interesting take on it. I slept on it and im not too bothered about it. Dont expect her to get in touch again unless she feels like I dont think about her anymore and wants to hear that I do. Im just not the type to ignore people if they get in touch so I prob will just reply to her and leave it at that!

Back to the initial post
    Too busy = too busy for YOU
    I'd leave her well alone

Yep I am, know I deserve better etc, was more curious to know what she was thinking. I'm far too nosey for my own good!

Suppose I should update people. So there were a good few texts from her saying how much she missed me, NC wasnt fair as we shared so much. I texted back with nonchalance to see where she was coming from but I wasnt getting the hint she wanted to get back together, just that she missed me loads etc. I just finished it off by saying look if you want to work on things you have my number but im using this time to work on myself and move on so i cant guarantee that if you decide to come back I will want that. Im pretty annoyed at myself that I got pulled in to a text convo with her but Im also pretty happy to hear how much she misses me which is prob a bit harsh but still. Anyways I dont think I have been put back to day 1 as Im feeling pretty good these days, maybe this set me back a few days max but its onwards and upwards as always!

You are a sweet heart and a very loving person as felt. You care your [URL="http://www.mhyboyisanidiot.com"]love and relationship[/URL]. But life plays strange games sometime. And those time could be a turning point of our life. Everybody expects something in their way. We all need to understand that and if in case there are some situations it should be judged.

She might be scared from loneliness and got frustrated or may be else. You must discuss once and spend a romantic date. If you are okay and happy enough with be apart than its okay. So your story is clear that you love each other and care so much. But some ego problems and stress happened and you are now in this stage. So give some time for the best return or judge the things to handle.

Life is beautiful if you make so. Hope for your best. Thanks.
    Last edited by deepika_16; 25-06-11 at 05:21 AM.

Try asking her - you know... communicating. Bullshitting around and trying to guess is just stupid.

update, couple of more texts, so i asked her if she wanted to try again as i miss what we had. she said she isnt sure, needs more time as its only been a few weeks. told her its not fair on me etc and she has my number if she wants to try again but we prob shouldnt contact each other again if its the case where in a few weeks she still doesnt know what she wants. sure we'll see what happens but im moving on and concentrating on myself.