+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A heart full of worries

A heart full of worries

Greetings all, you might not remember me for I havent been in this forum in a loooooooong time (well couple of months isnt that long). So I am back to ask you kind people for a relationship advice...

I came to this forum some 6 months ago, I really felt ruined by my last relationship and I was looking for advice. Things changed for me and my heart was at peace (maybe thats why I wasnt active here for a while).

But now I entereda relationship with an absolutely wonderful girl. She really is much kinder and respectful to me than my x (I couldnt help but to compare a little). Yesterday we made out which sort of put the cards on the table.

What troubles me is how worried I am, I should be all butterflies in my stomach. I just have a feeling that I'm entering a serious responsibility and I have to do everything perfect.

Another problem I have is my disbelief that I am someone special; this is very retarded by I dont think myself any better than any other guy out there.

I know my paranoia is only inside my head and in no way I want to step down from this relationship, but I just feel like crap...

Any peice of advice guys?

Quote Originally Posted by littlewing View Post
    Greetings all, you might not remember me for I havent been in this forum in a loooooooong time (well couple of months isnt that long). So I am back to ask you kind people for a relationship advice...

I came to this forum some 6 months ago, I really felt ruined by my last relationship and I was looking for advice. Things changed for me and my heart was at peace (maybe thats why I wasnt active here for a while).

But now I entereda relationship with an absolutely wonderful girl. She really is much kinder and respectful to me than my x (I couldnt help but to compare a little). Yesterday we made out which sort of put the cards on the table.

What troubles me is how worried I am, I should be all butterflies in my stomach. I just have a feeling that I'm entering a serious responsibility and I have to do everything perfect.

Another problem I have is my disbelief that I am someone special; this is very retarded by I dont think myself any better than any other guy out there.

I know my paranoia is only inside my head and in no way I want to step down from this relationship, but I just feel like crap...

You just started a relationship with a wonderful girl who is attracted to you, and treats you with kindness and respect ... and it makes you feel like crap because you don't think you're worthy enough to make it last? You don't have the responsibility to be perfect in a relationship ... just decent and loving.

I seriously think you should talk with a therapist because its these insecurities, not your value as a boyfriend, that will likely cause your new relationship to falter.

Good luck.

Carl.

You just started a relationship with a wonderful girl who is attracted to you, and treats you with kindness and respect ... and it makes you feel like crap because you don't think you're worthy enough to make it last? You don't have the responsibility to be perfect in a relationship ... just decent and loving.

I seriously think you should talk with a therapist because its these insecurities, not your value as a boyfriend, that will likely cause your new relationship to falter.

Good luck.

Carl.

ps ... reminds me of a joke by Groucho Marx ... I would never join a club that would have me as a member. That's what you sound like to me.

I been like that before..it sounds like u been through some stuff thats made ur confidence in yourself take a knock (that sentence was tricky) ,,tis understandable in my opinion if you feel crap ,,either way though u just gotta persevere and u'll feel better about things in a couple of weeks at most. Think about it..she likes u so u have to be better than 'the other guys' out there. good luck with it!
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

Carl... this forum is my therapist...

I know that it sounds ridiculous, I admit that I have a bit of trust and confidence issues. She is a great girl and none of this is her fault... just nervous I know it will pass

just nervous I know it will pass
    You know it... now all you have to do is believe it will pass.... then you'll be fine.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Time will alleviate some of that if she is committed and cares about you.

Don't let yourself get out of hand or you risk pushing her away.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Listen, lovie, you need to stop worrying about things that you can't control. Just have fun. Ever heard this saying:

"Worry doesn't rob tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps the joy of today".

Understand?