View Poll Results: Should I tell her I love her in letter, in person, or get my friend to tell?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • In Person--Ask her if she loves me

1 33.33%
  • In Person--Tell her that I love her

2 66.67%
  • In Letter--long and full of philosophic things, confession at end

1 33.33%
  • In Letter--long and full of philosophic things, confession at beginning

1 33.33%
  • In Letter--Short and to the point

1 33.33%
  • Get Friend--pay friend to tell her

1 33.33%
  • Tell Friend--tell one of her friends, she'll hear it through the grapevine

2 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think she knows I love her, or atleast guesses?

Poll: How Should I tell her? Question: Does she know I love her?

Well, I have known her for a while, but we never really were friends until two or three years ago. I fell in love with her in the second year of really knowing her, and I have been trying to hint to her by purposefully sitting next to her often and looking at her eyes for extended periods and looking away when she makes eye contact. I try to be extra nice to her, but I dont know if she thinks I love her.

I need to know fast, becuase this coming week is the last week I will see her (unless we stay in touch if she says yes), as we are both graduating into high school, from our small class of 12 people, 6 of which are 8th (me and her and four other boys), and the other 6 being 7th graders.

So, I know I was really, really, nervous around her at the beginning of the year, and I bet--anyone who had any decent common sense who saw me around her during that time could definitely tell--I bet she guessed it at the beginning of the year. I was like that last year, but not nearly as intensely.

Now, I am not nervous at all around her, but still just love to be around her to just keep her company and such. But I am not sure if I should tell her.

Questions for you:
    A). Should I tell her? If I should tell her, should it be by letter, or in person? (this is the poll question)

B). Do you think she knows I love her?
    She might of before, but now, I dont know......
    Last edited by Nolandanicerguy; 07-06-08 at 07:59 AM. Reason: For Title Catchtyness enhancing

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What is the point of telling her? Are you trying to ask her on a date or something?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You're only what... 14? As I said in the other thread, you don't know what love is.

Do NOT tell her you love her. If you want to make this work, ask her on a date... start slow. Keep your love feelings to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    You're only what... 14? As I said in the other thread, you don't know what love is.

you know, I am really starting to think that I should not show my age, if I am going to be stereo typed like this. I am not, I repeat, I am NOT at all like your typical idiot excuse of a middle or high school student. I will not tolerate such stupidity, and I will NOT tolerate any such means of offense. I hope that you may disregard your opinion from any further posts, with me, containing this particular variation of discussion. I do not like it when stereotypes work online with a contaminating opinion as such. Do not preseve me as such a being.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    What you cannot understand is that all of us have been there and then some.

Most of the guys have been in your hopeless romantic position and saw how quickly it got them nowhere.

Yes, I had been there as well when I was about 14-15. (8th grade).

But if you feel the need to continue like this, run up to her and say "I love you", just to get the goddamn thing over with.
    I know that most of you have been in this type of situation, But I don't know all the circumstances. I am sorry if I at all sound like a jerk... But here are the things that I feel make a difference.

These are the other circumstances that I feel may make a difference... You do not have to read all of it, just be aware that there are quite a few differences--I feel. Please, correct me at all if you feel that there is any factual misinterpretation on my part, or if you did feel the same way as me then...

I already know almost for certain that she does not love me. she still may. I just really hopr she does, but if she says no, I know there is nothing I can do to change it, and I accept that. I accept that she probably doesnt love me. I know that I dont really have much a chance that this will work out, and that she probably really doesnt love me or really want to stay for a long term relationship. But that chance is still enough to give me hope, even if it is overvalued for what it is worth, an extremely small chance.

I just need a way to tell her, as a love that is not confessed, will not get you anywhere in life. Not now, not when I am your age. That is why I really dont particularly want anyone to refer to my age as a circumstance. In my school, there are not hundreds of thousands of people. There are only 500 in the entire school, preschool through 8th. There is only four class rooms I ever go to. A spanish classroom, a art classroom, field studies outside of the school, and our universal classroom which we stay in for most or all of the day. In this classes room, we only have 15 people, three of which are teachers. In this clasroom, we have humanities, math, science, and all your other such things.
    basically, I am with her the whole school day, along with 13 other people. And we are a community which one does not have any or much negative influence to the community.

And everyone is very close, and we are tuaght completely differently than your conventional school.

And so (please correct me if I am wrong!), I feel that there are too many differences for you to apply knowledge of what you see in a typical high school or middle school, and what their idea of what is so called "love" in their minds. It is too short termed to be called love! I have the same feelings with the person who I love as I did 3 years ago! (plus or minus a year)

So please, do not assume a short termed type of relationship. It is completely a prudential relationship which I feel I have, it is not short termed, it is not at all a distorted version of what one should usually think of a high school

And lastly, I am sorry of the length of this letter.

pardon my misunderstanding, if there is any. And if the only reason you think that I dont really love her is that I am too young, that is not acceptable and should be frowned upon.

Becuase I do have very strong feelings toward her...
    Last edited by Nolandanicerguy; 08-06-08 at 01:37 AM.

To reply to the first comment, I would have to say that, I just must know if she loves me. That way, we may stay together, strive to stay together as our love should last. That is my dream. But it depends on this, what I tell her which will give me my future...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think before you profess your undying love for her, you might want to actually date her for a while. What is your rush, anyway?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What you cannot understand is that all of us have been there and then some.

Most of the guys have been in your hopeless romantic position and saw how quickly it got them nowhere.

Yes, I had been there as well when I was about 14-15. (8th grade).

Most of the women here I'm sure have had their share of hopeless admirers, and you can bet the lot of them got shot down.

But if you feel the need to continue like this, run up to her and say "I love you", just to get the goddamn thing over with.

The big rush is that next week is the last week I will ever be able to see her, as we both are graduating to different places. We are currently going to the same school, and I have been in the same class as her for 11 years. And if I dont tell her next week, I will never confess. And then I will feel like "I wish I told her! I hate myself. I should of been more confident" sort of thing.

And good god, you hit it on the nail for a helpful answer... I know that she may not love me, and I am completely happy with that! I must know so that I should stay in touch with her if she says yes... For it is for love, and if there is even a tiny tiny chance she says yes, then by all means, I must say it. If she says no, I would understand. Becuase, love isnt something that always is in both the lover and the loved. Sometimes the loved isnt the lover as well.

And it may very well be that I am hopeless, but that does not stop my love for her.
    Therefor, I still must tell her. But I need to know how... I need some means to do so.

Most of the women here I'm sure have had their share of hopeless admirers, and you can bet the lot of them got shot down.
    that is exactly how I feel. And that is why I need to find a way that may be most effective to tell her, the easiest on her part... Becuase whats easier to her, is the most relieving to me.
    Last edited by Nolandanicerguy; 07-06-08 at 10:55 PM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolandanicerguy View Post
    The big rush is that next week is the last week I will ever be able to see her, as we both are graduating to different places. We are currently going to the same school, and I have been in the same class as her for 11 years. And if I dont tell her next week, I will never confess. And then I will feel like "I wish I told her! I hate myself. I should of been more confident" sort of thing.
    Then do it.

Just don't expect anything magical to happen.

Actually, that's why you need to do it.

You need to see the end result.

Wow you are good at seeing things right out how they are...

Then do it.
    Just don't expect anything magical to happen.

Actually, that's why you need to do it.

You need to see the end result.
    I know that things probably wont end like perfectly happy, but I need to tell her in such a way that she feels comfortable to say whatever she may, so that she may know without stress...
    I need to know so that I can know whether I should try to stay in contact with her. if she says yes. Which is not probable, yet because there is a chance for love, I definately would take the gamble. Love is great, and that is why.
    Last edited by Nolandanicerguy; 07-06-08 at 11:00 PM. Reason: becuase love is great

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    why don't you just tell her instead of wondering how she feels about you.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I have gathered that I should tell her, I am guessing just short, sudden, I love you, let it sit, and the next day or the day after that ask her if she likes me.

Be happy.
    We will be too!
    Whatever emotion you feel, it is sucked into the emotion of the world.

What do you want? Do you want to just tell her how you feel and hope she tells you that she likes you and then just let it be at that and nothing else?
    Last edited by lesa; 08-06-08 at 02:58 PM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolandanicerguy View Post
    I have gathered that I should tell her, I am guessing just short, sudden, I love you, let it sit, and the next day or the day after that ask her if she likes me.
    That'll never go the way you want.

Never.

Now shut up, and try to prove us wrong.

I've got money on the rest of the forum. You're in for a fat surprise that isn't going to be a surprise because...we told you so.

It doesn't work this way, and it isn't love.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast