+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what should i do? or how? all comments welcome...

what should i do? or how? all comments welcome...

so this story is somewhat confusing...heres the shortened simple version

my gf and i broke up about two months ago, after about a week i asked her if we could talk about getting back together.

we were basically back together for about 3 days, then she said that it would be better if we were friends...because she didn't want me to get hurt.

shed dated a guy and got cheated on, she has started trying to make contact with me and has been flirting somewhat and just recently she told me that she really liked the way i treated her, stood up for her and respected her when we were dating and she said that she could be herself around me, and almost no one else. she seems like she is kinda in to me, but im not sure if she is just playing the "friend" part or really still has feeling for me

she really hasn't made a whole lot of contact with me lately and really seems like she just ignores me when we i see her at school or anywhere else. Im not sure if she thinks i don't like her or if she is just shy. i would really like to see if she wants to try to get back together, i just don't wanna seem like i'm nagging her or being annoying or anything like that because she kinda broke us up twice...

how should i go about doing this without seeming nagging or annoying? i haven't brought it up yet to her so any opinions or advice will help right now.

This i a heartbreaking one, Camp. For whatever reason, she has obviously checked out of your romantic relationship and is now using you as a fallback friend when things go wrong with the romantic relationships she DOES want to be in.

You have to let her go, as painful as it may be. You deserve a girl who is as into you as you are into her. Trying to be just her friend when you want to be her boyfriend is just going to cause you a lot of pain.

Sorry.

Carl.

oh i know that its either boyfriend or nothing because i know the whole "friend'' thing won't work at all... i think she still has feelings for me but they are mixed up with all the things she is going through right now...i would just like to let her know that i'm still interested in her even though i try no to show it and that its either boyfriend or nothing because (i agree with carl) being friends will just cause pain. I just don't have a plan on how to do that without sounding manipulative, or pressuring? ideas?Advice?

Theres no mixed feelings in love, you either are there or you aren't, she's not.

You're grieving which is natural, you want to make things work but in reality its not going to happen with this girl, now or possibly ever. Step outside your comfort zone here and move on, I am willing to bet another girl grabs your attention and you forget about this one.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger