+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Picking up a receptionist

Picking up a receptionist

Hey,

In the building that I work in there is an ultrasound place where there is a receptionist that I find attractive. It is beside the main entrance so I always see her when I come in and leave. We made eye contact several times, so she knows that I exist. I really want to approach her, strike up a conversation, and possibly asking her if she'd like to grab a cup of coffee with me sometime. Would it be a good idea or a bad idea to approach her? Remember, I am not a client of that place, and we're not co-workers. If I was to approach I would definitely do it when I am leaving in the afternoon as it is really quiet there as opposed to being busy in the morning when I come in.

So what are your thoughts on this?

It's NEVER a bad idea to try. You can't win if you don't play.

Just don't get your hopes up too much - women in public contact jobs get it all the time.

I never get my hopes up. I was just asking because I wanted to know if it is a good idea to ask a girl out while she is at work but not my co-worker. I guess I should just give it a shot and see her response.

It may be awkward when you see her when u come and go. Could work out tho go for it

It's not the best idea but it might work. I used to approach one receptionist while she was busy with some guy. She started shouting like crazy. The guy asked me to leave. It was kind of unpleasant but not lethal. The girl actually like my move and later tried to fix the situation. But the first impression was spoilt and I didn't like her that much any more. So it didn't work out and I don't regret a bit of it. You'd better find out her email and send messages. You can be mysterious this way like James Bond.
    Last edited by Agnus; 24-09-13 at 07:16 AM.