+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend wants a break

My girlfriend wants a break

My story is kind of long but I can improvise to make it shorter.

I met my girlfriend about two years ago. She was dating one of my good friends at the time, well kind of, and they separated shortly after. For some reason, I felt the need to be with her, and asked her out. We hung out a couple of times and everything was great. She was 18 and I was 21. Since then we have had some episodes. She tends to be dramatic and I tend to be an asshole in response. We broke up 3 times, the third time was the longest, but we always got back together. I fell deeply in love with her after the third time, and thought we would be together forever.

Today I am 23 and she is 20, and is about to turn 21 in a few weeks. She has been waiting to turn 21 for a long time. Two weeks ago we were in a rut because we currently reside with my parents (I am a military veteran, about to attend college), but my parents are moving. We have two cats and a dog and the cats were not allowed to come because my parents didn't want any pet damage. My girlfriend insisted that we move to my parents house and get rid of the cats. I didn't like the sound of it, but she wanted to do it because she didn't think she had the money to move in to a place. This cause a lot of arguements and a lot of words that weren't meant to be said. I just felt so bad about getting rid of my cats. I told her I thought she wasn't outgoing and that she didn't make mature decisions. I also told her yet again that I wanted her out. She had been acting so strange since then. Completely different. She told me it was because she was so mad about EVERYTHING I have said to her through out our relationship and in our most current arguement. She then decided to move back with her mom. She started going out more often and went to a club one evening. She came back that night drunk and needed me to pick her up because her ride got pulled over. I noticed that some guy had been texting her, nothing too forward or anything but I hadn't seen her text this guy before. Most of it was during the time she was at the club. The most disturbing thing that was said was when she said to him "You should come where we are".. I know it isn't that bad but I had never heard her talk like that to someone else, especially a guy. When I asked her the next day who she had gone to the club with, she left his name out. When I asked her who he was, she said "He is just a guy I work with, and was sitting in the back of the car". Right about then, I freaked out about everything. Not too shortly after, she told me she wanted a break. I told her I agreed but had to ask her about the guy. I asked her if there was another guy she was seeing and all she told me was "There is this guy that likes me", and she thought he was attractive. This made my heart sink into my stomach, but I bit my lip and told her I could handle it. I told her I agreed to separate.. but I didn't want it. We got into a couple small arguements about separation and I expressed my panic and concern about losing her. I told her how much I loved her and how much I wanted her. We didn't separate immediately and she was still kissing me and sleeping with me and stuff (Not sexual). I thought everything was ok, but she still wants this break. I told her I changed my mind and that I didn't want the break because I did not think it would work. She expressed that she was angry and frustrated with me because I agreed with her before hand. I told her that she needs to make the decision because she may not have me if she chooses to not stay and work with me. My mom and her are pretty close and my mom had questioned her about it. She told my mom that she honestly had changed ever since that last arguement when I told her to get out, and that she wanted to enjoy turning 21 without me having to check her. My mom made it seem pretty hopeless. I got really upset about it, but I am trying to stay positive. I love her more than anything and swear that I will do anything to make it right. I know it is not too late to get her back...

there are rare cases when relationship with teenage girls last long in the first place. First of all, after some years she feels trapped by you and if she's that young she's gonna want to live her life. It's really hard to do, but try agreeing with her. It will make her confused and eventually she might return to you. But until that happens /if that happens you should continue living your life. Hope that helped.