+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need help figuring out a girl!

Need help figuring out a girl!

Hey everybody. First off I will tell you a little about myself. I am a 21 year old male attending college. I have had only one love before in my life but things got sour and its completely ended. So that being said, I still feel like I have a lot to learn about girls and dealing with feelings, because I have only dealt with one girl before.

So, I was at the bars one night and one of my friends introduced me to this girl. I wasn't really expecting much from talking to her, because I thought she was just gonna be a pretty face with absolutely no personality, but I was wrong. We completely hit it off on everything we talked about. It was an awesome feeling. So we ended up going home with each other and things got a little physical, and thats how things have been since we have hung out with each other.

So now winter break for us is just about done, and I am starting to feel a little bit weird about what is going on between us. The situation is that she is going to graduate this upcoming semester, and I have another year. Also, she just got out of a 4 year relationship with some dude, so she is just looking to having lots of fun this last semester. Now, this doesnt mean she isn't going to go around and sleep with dudes or whatever, she has told me she likes me and wants to get to know me more and everything.

I am already feeling that I am falling for her, because I always want to talk to her and stuff throughout the day and everything. Now, the only time that I talk to her is on facebook chat (yeah, I am super lame and really haven't tried to just call her and talk yet). The problem is that sometimes when I talk to her on facebook, she just seems really disinterested and seems like preoccupied with other things.

I kinda have 3 feelings about the situation:

1. I think to myself "maybe she just doesn't like talking over the internet" so I shrug it off.
    2. She is just slower to open up to me than I am opening up to her.
    3. She might be kinda backing off because she is graduating and doesnt really want to have an emotional connection when she could be anywhere in the country in a few months.

Can anybody give me some advice about this? I know this sounds just COMPLETELY idiotic, but I still just feel weird and am unsure of what to do. I tend to overanalyze the **** out of things. Any help would be appreciated.

well when it comes to online chatting such as facebook and aim. it's easily misinterpreted. i get that a lot too. esp. when i type. i cant sound sincere unless i add a smiley face or a big LOL etc. being more enthusiastic about it.

perhaps with her, chatting on facebook is just more straightforward messaging. don't think too much of it. i mean, how is she when you speak to her up front? does she sound like how she types?

i know that it's definitely not 3 on your assumptions. as for you, just play it cool, lay off a bit, don't get too clingy//attached cause then she can get bored and get over you. just keep it cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]so you lost a limb but hell, you will heal in time.

No, she acts a lot differently in person than when talking on the internet. I guess thats what suprised me is because every girl that I have dated/talked to has been very talkative on the internet, while she is not. She also sucks about responding to texts, which also is new for me I guess.

What should I do about the situation? I mean, whenever she messages me first, then she always seems like she wants to talk. But when I message her, it seems like a 50/50 chance she doesn't want to. Should I always just wait for her to message me? Its really super hard not to message her when I see her online, but sometimes I just feel stupid when I message her and get only one word replies when I really want to talk.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What do you do? Interact face to face. She is obviously better at that then any other form of communication.