+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it wierd to like my sisters best friend?

Is it wierd to like my sisters best friend?

Ya so that's my question but I'll give some info. I've known this girl for as long as I can remember but I don't remember when I started liking her as we were young when we first met. One night a loong time ago my sister told me she liked me but she acted all shy and I kind of blew it off.

Back to now, I think about her a lot. We talk on AIM quite a lot and i texted her for the first time a couple days ago. But one thing,One of my best friends likes her a lot too which pisses me off because he knew i liked her forever and he just started talking to her out of know where. When I see her in the hallway and I get her attention she'll smile or laugh but other times I just walk by and don't even look at her. I always see her talking to my friend in class and it reallly makes me jealous. Just because I know my friend and he's as close to a player as it gets. He was talking to her, went and ****ed his old gf, then started talking to her again. IF they do date idk what I'll do. I asked her a couple times if she liked him and if they were gonna date but she always tells me she doesn't know. It's a very awkward position for me.

We both have never had a real relationship so I think neither of us know how to act around each other sometimes but when we do talk it makes me feel good. I remember when we were talking and we both started cracking up over nothing for like 10 mins. straight. But she knows how mad I get when she talks to my friend and she still does it and texts him in front of me.

I'm just sooooo confused but I would do anything for this girl. Can anyone give me some advice. Sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time with her because it's likely nothing will ever happen but every time I see her or talk to her it's like a fall for her all over again.

Thanks to anyone who actually reads all of that but I don't think that's even half of the stuff goin through my head right now.....

Edit: forgot a HUge detail. The other night the 3 of us were at a party and we were all drunk. I ended up leaving and She told me nothing really happened but I KNOW they were laying in bed together so I'm thinking they were dry ****ing. She's a virgin so could that make her like him more now? And I guess he somehow saw her breasts. I'm also a virgin so i don't know much about it. I need some help I either want to get over her or get with her. I hate not knowing what to do and not knowing what she's thinking. I can honestly see us getting married.....
    Last edited by smb43432; 21-10-08 at 10:04 AM.

bumpppppppppp

If you like her, and would do anything for her, then do her the favor and ask her out. What are you waiting for? The worst that happens is she will feel flattered and say no thanks....and if you dont ever find out you will regret it. Besides, I think she has a thing for you.

As far as your friend goes, welcome to the real world...And honestly I dont blame him. Why not hit on a chick when you know your friend isnt going to do anything? Sure it might piss you off, but stand in his shoes. Your doing nothing, and he likes her too.

Dont hate the player, hate the game.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your friend is a dick. And to disagree with Shadow, this is a case where you hate the player, not the game. If this guy was really your friend he would play by a different set of rules, and you should expect more of him in that regard in comparison with some random stranger

So to go a little further with that, this guy isn't even a good friend at all, and definitely not someone to ever trust with much of anything (just a tip you didn't ask for)

As for the girl, well, she's surely flattered by his assertiveness and confidence. I wouldn't say you don't have a chance compared with your friend if you two were to vie for this girl. But considering he is so far making all the moves, and the fact that he isn't a virgin (this will only become more important as you get older, you'll find), gives him greater favor

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh and to answer your original question, no it isn't weird for you to like your sisters best friend

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I need to know age.

im 18, he's 18, she's 16 I think. We're seniors and she's a junior. Seems like kind of a big age difference huh?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by smb43432 View Post
    im 18, he's 18, she's 16 I think. We're seniors and she's a junior. Seems like kind of a big age difference huh?
    In general? No, but for your age group, yes. Because you'll be done soon and either thrust into the working world, or going to school. Either way, she still has 2 more years in highschool and then she is either working or schooling. At that point in young person's lives, it's extremely difficult to keep the young love relationships because people usually have different goals, and change dramatically after high school, through college, and after college.

Just bein' real.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I disagree with Fraslbees simply because high school relationships generally are rather short. I wouldn't worry about that. Date her then have the maturity and the smarts to move on when you graduate.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

It would just be soo awkward to ask her out. I don't even know if she feels the same way towards me. It's different almost every day.

Quote Originally Posted by smb43432 View Post
    It would just be soo awkward to ask her out. I don't even know if she feels the same way towards me. It's different almost every day.
    I was thinking of a good motivational quote, but can't remember it. Anyway, grow a pair and just ask her bro. You said you want to know. Well, that'll pretty much tell you.

soo tonight sucked. She was going to come with me and a group of people to a haunted house but she ended up going to where this other guy was going to be to watch a football game.

She used the excuse that her parents wouldn't let her go but that she wanted to. Sounds like complete BS to me bc that game took just as long. Should I believe her or just right her off? I really like her but I can't stand dealing with it any more. O ya and I pretty much asked her if she wanted to go the movies with me on AIM and she said no thanks.

Idk if I should believe her or if she's just trying not to hurt me.

Maybe its just me but I dont think this girl is interested in you. Your friend is definitely an asshole....shit he's not even a friend. Also, I think it's a waste of time trying to pursue anything. Look at it this way...you're in your last year and she still has another year to go. Do you really think while you're in college surrounded by alot of beautiful girls you'd really want to be in a relationship with a high school girl?
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

why not? I'm not the guy to go around trying to hook up with a bunch of random whores..

I ask because you both will be at two different times of your lives. Different priorities and such. Also she does not seem interested in you anyways
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast