+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost love

Lost love

Can anyone here relate to or help with the loss of a spouse? I am a shell of a human being now and it's so rough because it hurts so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hi Dancer,

There are several older, mature posters on this forum that have been through difficult relationship issues. Feel free to post/vent about your experience if you wish.

The other thing we have here are tons of fun ppl who will make you laugh. Perhaps something you could use?

Welcome to the forum.

- Indigosoul
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When you say loss of spouse, are you meaning death of spouse? Sorry to be so specific, but I'd like to clarify.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Hi Dancer,

There are several older, mature posters on this forum that have been through difficult relationship issues. Feel free to post/vent about your experience if you wish.

The other thing we have here are tons of fun ppl who will make you laugh. Perhaps something you could use?

Welcome to the forum.

- Indigosoul
    Thank you for the reception, and to answer your question...all I have right now in my life is memories of smiles and lots of cries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    When you say loss of spouse, are you meaning death of spouse? Sorry to be so specific, but I'd like to clarify.
    It's OK bluesummer, that was my bad. I should have presented with more clarity. For the sake of brevity i'll keep the story short...about
    2 years ago while on deployment in Iraq(for the 3rd time) my wife and daughter was killed by a drunk driver in a car crash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think it takes a long time to get over something like that and also a willingness to move on. Do you feel that you'd be betraying them by living your life while they can no longer live theirs?
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Daaaaaaamn, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I think it takes a long time to get over something like that and also a willingness to move on. Do you feel that you'd be betraying them by living your life while they can no longer live theirs?
    Not so much a "betrayal" as the terrible emptiness and pain I feel every second of every day. Now it doesn't seem as though I'm living at all...I went through counseling for their losses and for PTSD from the war, it just seems i'm dying a little bit each day. D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Daaaaaaamn, dude.
    I heard that, brother...D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your post makes me profoundly sad. What a complete waste of two young lives. I hate drunk drivers.

Have you looked into grief support groups? You are certainly not alone. You can probably find something through M.A.D.D... Have you looked into it?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Your post makes me profoundly sad. What a complete waste of two young lives. I hate drunk drivers.

Have you looked into grief support groups? You are certainly not alone. You can probably find something through M.A.D.D... Have you looked into it?
    Yes ma'am I have, I went through counseling with a head shrinker, but not as far as a support group. I guess until now I couldn't even broach the subject. I was never really a person to complain or co-miserate. D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like support groups because they help to prevent you from self-isolating. You shouldn't get the idea that all they do is sit around complaining about their losses, because there is more to it than that. People who attend grief supports groups are in varying stages of grief. The idea is to help guide a person back into living life in spite of the pain, and isn't that the goal? What better tribute to their spirit than to embrace the thing your wife and daughter would want for you?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I like support groups because they help to prevent you from self-isolating. You shouldn't get the idea that all they do is sit around complaining about their losses, because there is more to it than that. People who attend grief supports groups are in varying stages of grief. The idea is to help guide a person back into living life in spite of the pain, and isn't that the goal? What better tribute to their spirit than to embrace the thing your wife and daughter would want for you?
    I may start attending a few, I am undecided yet...btw i like your take on the support group idea, thanks. D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wish I could be more helpful, but I have no more tricks up my sleeve.

I'm really sorry you are going through this.

I wish I could be more helpful, but I have no more tricks up my sleeve.

I'm really sorry you are going through this.
    Your suggestions and friendship is enough...I appreciate them both, thanks. D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast