+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Desperately in need of advice

Desperately in need of advice

The situation is this. There is a girl that I've known for 7 months. She is a coworker of my best friend, and now we usually all hang out (around 8 people) every Saturday. I didn't fall in love with her, I plummeted.
    I have self-esteem issues, but not to the point where I give up completely. So after 7 months of trying to find the courage to tell her, and risk making our friendship (such as it is; we aren't best friends) awkward, I finally decided to do it.
    Right before we were all about to go home, I decided I would reveal to her how I felt. Literally 5 minutes before we all left, she tells us she won't be able to making it next week, because she is vacationing with her boyfriend.
    Obviously my heart sank. Instead of telling her, I pretty much rushed out the door and ran to my car. For some reason, something inside forced me back upstairs. Im not the kind of person that goes looking for confrontation or drama, so this is an indication of how strongly I feel about this.
    I was able to catch her (it's her apartment) before she went to bed. I managed to tell her that I was crazy about her, and that I didn't want to tell her because I didn't want it to change our relationship. I can't really describe well, how she reacted. She said that its good to have things in the open, and that she was sorry I was upset that she had a boyfriend. I left and went home, depressed and discouraged.
    We were supposed to hang out today with a few friends, but she didn't show, and I can't help but wonder if it's because of me. We're meeting again this Saturday and I fairly sure she will be there since it's her apartment. My question is (thank you for being patient and reading this) what should I do Saturday? I can't bare the thought of her being uncomfortable around me, and would rather never mention my feelings for her again if it means we can resume our relationship

I'm not sure how she thinks, but if it were me in her positions, I'd want things to carry on as they were before. Continue being as you were before you told her...yes, she now knows how you feel, and if in time she returns those feelings, I'm sure she'll let you know. For now, I'm sure you'd rather have her as a friend than not at all - if you push your feelings onto her, she won't want to hang around you any more.

Again, just my opinion...good luck