+ Follow This Topic

Thread: when do u think is the right time to ask where is this relationship goin

when do u think is the right time to ask where is this relationship goin

i have been with my girl for 3 mths and she has stated that she dont want a bf but is monogamus she doesnt want to deal with all the relationship bs. But i am at the point i am 28 and need to know these things since my time is precious.. and how should i say this to her??? thank u in advance

Your time isn't any more precious to you than hers is to her, I'm sure, so I'd be careful about overlaying such an egocentric outlook on the matter. Moreover, three months is nothing in terms of a lifetime. I've spent as much as five years on the fence with someone...because I respected her position. Tell her your needs. If she can't meet them, move on or remain available until she can, as you choose.

Why is your time so precious? Isn't that usually the physiological problem of women? 28 for a male is often somewhat young for marriage, if that is what you are thinking, and three months into a relationship is still very early. (Heck, at three months, I am still pretending to be a saint.) But if you insist you must have this focus, I agree with whaywardj: move on to someone who is more "goal" directed.

I would be cautious of coming right out and asking such a question. Nothing can turn something for the worse than a questioning asking for clarification on the relationship if the person being asked is unsure about it to begin with. 3 months is hardly enough time to really feel like you are wasting away your life "waiting" on this person. If she has come out and said that she doesn’t want a BF then why lead yourself on to believe otherwise? Does she give you other indications that this may not be the case? Why not just take it a day at a time and enjoy your time with her and see where things lead instead of trying to "figure" the future out?

If you have been with someone for 3 months and don't feel like you can date someone else, you are exclusive.

I usually am only exclusive after about 4-5 months IMO. Only then do I even consider having "that talk". 3 months is hardly enough time to remember her birthday in my mind.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by hearts
    my time is precious..

What else are you going to do with it?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."