+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I always get rejected by the girls I like...

I always get rejected by the girls I like...

Anyway I have gotten over that 16 year old. We are still talking however, as friends but now I have an issue with this other girl...

I was browsing through myspace and this girl caught my eye. She was 18.

I message'd her and she message'd. She has told me I have looked familier and all that and I have told her the same. However, we didnt go to the same school....so I don't know where I have seen her from. I told her that someday that maybe me and her should hang out sometime.

However, after I told her I was 20 she was like...

"oh ok. you are 20?
    well, ttyl. gonna go have a smoke"

and thats the last time I have heard from her, after that she wouldh't return my messages. What did I do wrong?

I also have another accident but I'll save that for a different topic.

oh and we have been talking for days before this happen.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe she is only 16 but lied and said she is 18, so when you told her you were 20, she realized you were too old for her.

Or maybe she knows you aren't 20.

Don't tell lies.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I am 20.....

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Blah! My bad - I thought you said you were 16. (my apologies) My guess is that she lied about her age, then, or she is afraid to meet you in person.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, think about it. You are trying to hook up with complete strangers on myspace. Your chances of making something work are slim to none! Its like internet dating. You never know what or who your actually talking to!

I'm not saying that all internet relationships are bad. (My sis actually met her husband off of AOL in 98.) But, its rare that things actually work out. It seems even more rare these days. People lie or take advantage of the net etc.

As for the other girl rejecting you, it happens. Rejection is a part of life. Mostly everyone on this board have been rejected at least once, some more then others.
    The main thing is that you keep on trying, with other people that is. (You can't count going after the same person more then once.)

Eventually you will find someone. It just takes time. It is good that your looking for someone closer to your actual age or at least someone who is 18 and older.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

King Zarathu Guest
    \cl_findAGirlYourAge 101

I have 10 purple heart ribbons in rejection

Well look, at least its not to late. Like that one girl I freaked out in high school...

I just need help. I think she is the one for me. She has to be. I feel it. I just gotta get her attention again somehow. But I dont know what to say because I feel no matter what I say to her, she will not reply back and I just want to know why she would do something like that...

What can I do?

King Zarathu Guest
    If it doesn't come together naturally or if you have to work (too much) to get it goin, it is NOT the right one. Besides, she's female...

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You say you think she is the one for you? How long have you actually talked? Do u know her in person? Its nice to feel that deeply about someone, but its kinda hard to judge on myspace, don't you think? It's just a little crush, and yes you have time. Plenty of it!

You sound like a romantic at heart that wears your emotions on your sleeve. This is ok in some ways, but can be intimidating, especially to young girls. You want too much too fast. Why not try going with the flow, not being pushy, and just seeing what happens? I'm talking about in general here with girls, not necessarily just with that one girl.

If she is interested in you, she will pursue you again. But seeing as she doesn't respond to your messages and blows you off constantly, I don't think shes interested anymore. You need to let it go. Let her come to you. But don't wait around.

Girls like some mystery in a guy at first. But, your telling her the whole story and then some. Some persistance is good, but if you are pushing way too much, shes gonna bail and then move on. You need to back off of women and let them come to you. Its almost like being aloof and not seeming too eager, which is something your gonna have to learn to do if you want to actually get something going. You need to give women a reason to come back for more. Something that will peak their interest so they WANT to know more.

Right now, whatever you are doing is making girls run, the other way. So, I suggest working on this before making any moves on anyone else.
    Last edited by Ellynn; 19-06-06 at 02:35 PM.

Ok, She is the one that started it, leaving me comments on my pictures. So I thought she was interested in me.

Thats the thing, she was interested at first, you see. I it wouldn't bother me if she just rejected me right off the bat. But I got to know her a little bit during the few days we talked to each other...

I just don't know what happened and Im confused

I was thinking about sending her something sweet. Just to get her attention again .

King Zarathu Guest
    Negative. If you want to get her attention, do the same thing back to her--or something that would scare her because she knows you're in control. :p

If you were to say something sweet--don't do it again for a while. Afterwards, start teasing her about things...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, no no! She is not interested in you in a serious way! The reason she "did this" to you is that young girls like to collect male admirers. It makes them feel powerful and desireable. I don't think she was interested in anything more than an ego boost.

Don't try to meet people from the internet. The people you talk to on myspace are NOT "real" unless or until you meet them in person and decide if you like them. Damn, everyone knows myspace should be called "liespace" due to the ridiculous things people say about themselves! This girl may have been 14 for all you know.

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, there are alot of girls on myspace that are attention whores. They will say random things to guys to get them interested. They honestly have no intentions of meeting up with them, but love to get guys interested. So, therefore they boost their friends list even more! She probably isn't interested in you, but wants yet another guy to add to her fanclub.

I have myspace as well, and you should see all the random guys who email me or request to be added. Honestly, I pretty much deny the request or never respond, unless I actually know them. I use myspace to keep in contact with friends from H.S., grade school, or from my previous job. I also add certain bands I like. Not anything more. I mean how can you tell who these people really are? Especially after just a few days.

Stick to girls you know or meet in person.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast