+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Could this situation work out? Please give opinions

Could this situation work out? Please give opinions

ok my gf and i go to different colleges with about 4 hours distance between them, but we meet up every other week or so for a few days back home (we're from the same place so our ACTUAL homes are only like 10 min. apart) and then we also get breaks off to see each other. does this seem possible to you guys? ive seen a lot of people on here say "oh long distance NEVER works, its pointless..." so i was just wondering if this situation seemed doomed as well lol thanks for any feedback

FNM is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    It could work, yes. It more or less boils down to how you cope with the gaps between seeing one another and how much trust you have in her/she has in you.

It sounds obvious, but it depends on how happy you both are with a long distance relationship. There could be problems with jealousy etc. which may push you apart, especially if you start to grow apart due to the different lives you're living.

There needs to be communication.

Depends on how often you can see each other. I can only see my GF at the weekend because we live over 2 hours apart. But we see each other and it's great. 4 hours is not a long journey if you really love somebody.

we both seem pretty comfortable with it so far, its been going on for about half a year now and we get to see each other every other weekend for 2-3 days. a few of my friends are always telling me stuff like "youre gonna start hating it, and its not gonna work out anyways.." but i just assumed it was out of jealousy since i havent seen any of them with steady girlfriends in a while haha

Yes

If you are both committed to making it work, then it will! Don't give into all those who say it doesn't work.

There are instances when in some point in time there would be quarrels about time and effort and trust. But I think if you truly love each other and work this out without taking it a long time to talk about your problems then there would be no worries. You just have to trust each other and be patient. It's a test on how strong your relationship bond is. After college maybe you'll both be reunited and stay in 1 place together. So don't worry. =)