+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she like me?

Does she like me?

So i've known this girl for like 2 years and i've been pretty good friends with her for a year and i had feelings for her since then. We've always been kind of flirty with each other to the point where some people think we might be talking but not enough for me to know if she likes me. She sometimes talks about other guys she likes in front of me to her friends which throws me off. I've also tried to talk to her before but i didn't get any type of response. But a couple weeks ago she asked me to prom(i'm a junior she's a senior) and when we went she tried to hang out w me the entire time and when i left her she would look for me. she was also dancing on me the whole night. then at project prom she was trying to hang out with me the entire time too and we played a bunch of games and i beat her in everything and she gets mad because she's really competitive. then we went to the lake and we hammocked together and she hung out with me all day again and she was sitting really close to me touching me and i was putting my hand on her thigh and she was making contact with me the entire day. She pretty much already treats me like her boyfriend, trying to control me and stuff and hitting me when i say a dumb joke or something but i don't know if i'm stuck in the friend zone and she still leaves me on read all the time even though she snaps me first most of the time. I don't know if she treats me the same as other guys that she's liked before.What should i do?
    Last edited by cdh; 03-05-17 at 10:39 AM.

okay in this case... let me ask this. how does she act around the guys she says she likes?

at this point i would just kiss her and see what happens. how she kisses back tells you what this is.

Girls can be pretty hard to read, eh? Reading the your post, honestly I only see "besties" written here but that part about the hammock threw me off. I don't mean to sound harsh and I will be brutally honest with you but it is possible that she only asked you to prom because she enjoys your company as a friend, and perhaps she looked for you because she felt responsible for you in a way, having invited you to the prom and want you to have a good time. I mean I know I would be salty if a guy asked me to a prom and then left me to hang out with the boys, so she could be taking this logic to not make you feel awkward.

As for flirty part, I am guilty for teasing a lot of my guy friends as a joke. Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't. Maybe you should try to pry subtlety, like asking light-heartedly if she does this with other guys too while having a bit of a laugh. Another way of tackling this is to use instant messaging-- they work like a charm as you don't have to deal with the one-on-one pressure of asking it in person.