+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Breakup

Breakup

I recently split up with my girlfriend of 2 plus years. It has been two months since we last spoke. During this time a part I have realized my faults and reasons why the relationship wasn't working. I know the personal changes I need to make so that I can be who she needs me to be. I think that I want to start a life with this women. She will not return any of my emails or phone calls. I need advice on what I need to do to win her back.

Introspection and dealing with your faults is admirable. Even if it doesn't help you get your ex back, it will improve your chances of a better result in your next relationship.

I do worry that if your efforts are only motivated by trying to get her back (as opposed to becoming a better person) that things would eventually slip back to the way they were before the break-up.

It may be too late. She is doing precisely what most in here would advise her if she were to post on here ... a clean break with no contact. It's hard to show her how you have changed if you are out of contact ... it's even harder to convince her that the change is real.

What were the faults and reasons that she left you?

I guess the biggest fault of mine was my inability to fully commit to the relationship and to her. Not in a sense of cheating on her. More in the way of not fully allowing myself to open up to her. She wanted to move in and I didnt think I was quit ready for that. I was being selfish. I needed to put her first instead of myself. I realize that I do want to commit to her and start a future with her.