+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should we dance again?

Should we dance again?

Background:
    I'm 20 years old and my ex broke up with me about 3 months ago on the basis that she was no longer in love with me. We went out for 3 years. We tried the whole friendship thing, but I called it off b/c it kept giving me false hope that we would get back together, when she had no intent of doing so.
    Problem:
    So while we were "friends" I bought us tickets to one of our favorite bands, the problem is that the concert is in late May, thats a good two months away from now. She now has a new BF and I still have feelings for her. The worst part is that I think this concert will provide an opportunity for us to rekindle. She is anticipating that we will still go together, but I'm starting to think its a bad idea, any opinions?

what's the concert?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Bad idea, if you have feelings still and shes moved on its only going to cause you pain and despair. Call it off.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

If your not over her break all contact. Seeing her with someone else will be the equivalent of her ripping your heart out, stabbing it with a knife and then gently letting it drop into a blender. In all seriousness by staying around her you will end up hurting yourself, real badly. Even if it is not to rocky now, seeing her with someone else will most likely be unbearable and will cause you a great deal fo pain.
    "Making plans to change the world, while the world is changing us."

Everyone is correct bad idea she has moved on you have not, you are heading for a whole lot of pain if you continue with it stick with no contact, she broke up after 3 years because her feelings changed well I can tell you her feelings changed long before that, but most people when they are in a unhappy situation are not strong enough to make a change on there own, so they wait for an argument or a problem so they can get up enough nerve to do something about it, so this concert might stir something but in the long run she has already made her choice and it will be just heart ache for you.
    It is not really fair to a partner in a relationship the way this happens but it happens, people do not have the guts to deal with problems honestly, and when it happens in a lot of cases the other person gets broad sided never new what hit them, and that is one of the worst things when you think everything is alright and suddenly it all falls apart.
    Mark Boswarva
    Here is a content rich free PDF on "How To Stop Money Ruining Your Relationship"
    I found it to be an excellent read. movetowardssuccess.com/freereport/index.html

"In Life-Always Move Towards Success"