+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love on the line...Online dating

Love on the line...Online dating

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by love_forever; 03-08-11 at 07:26 AM.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Meet him, and stop putting these expectations on it. You're dooming it before it happens by overthinking it.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i say - grow up!
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Not an advice I was hoping for, Sonrisa, cuz I don't think it has anything to do with what I have written and my fears of having a happy life, but okay...everyone has its own opinion.

Thanks Mathias

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by love_forever View Post
    Not an advice I was hoping for, Sonrisa, cuz I don't think it has anything to do with what I have written and my fears of having a happy life, but okay...everyone has its own opinion.

Thanks Mathias
    love, how can you possibly LOVE someone you never met? LOVE is a big word, and you are throwing it on a stranger.
    love, in order to LOVE someone, you have to first know their faults and weaknesses, accept them and only then you can claim LOVING them.

I'm sorry, but...I don't think you know much about love! The magic feeling, the emotions that grow even stronger when you're not with the one you have feelings for. I've been here for awhile now. I have loved and been loved, and trust me, I know what love is.

Don't judge a book by its covers!!!

Who knows, maybe one day you do find out how strong this love can be...the prepareness to do anything for the one you love. Because I'm ready to just about anything, and trust me, this is not some childish desire...That is LOVE

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    and where is he from?

Doesn't matter actaully...I didn't come here to write about where he's from and where I'm from or his age, name or address. He lives far away, as I said

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    then, I can only suggest psychiatric ward to you

Ummm...okay...moving on!

I remember someone on this forum a few months ago that "loved" someone they met online. They were in this relationship for a couple of years and everything was so awesome since they hadn't had a chance to see who this other person really was.

After meeting, 2 days later the guy wanted nothing to do with her. Turns out that there is so much more once you meet the person, surprise surprise.

That said, meeting online is cool as long as you have a realistic timeline of meeting that person (like a week max), but online LDR I think are doomed to fail because people think they're falling in "love" when they're only really meeting a single persona of that person.

I wish you luck, but I have doubts.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Fair enough! This is why I'm going through this meeting...to see what is really gonna happen after we finally meet!

if you meet people online which i think is fine, meet them in person sooner then later. its that simple. if you wait like 2 years before ya meet them...damn your just a fool.

I'm with Sonrisa on this one...

All I can say is I'm totally embarassed for your ex boyfriend. I can only imagine what kind of blow it must be to one's ego to be left for a fantasy man that you've never even met.

You should find out through therapy or personal interspection as to why you find the safety of the internet and thousands of miles between more appealing than true intimacy and bonding through personal interaction.

*shrugs* I suppose the sex is always guaranteed to be good when you're doing it to yourself.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by love_forever View Post
    I'm sorry, but...I don't think you know much about love! The magic feeling, the emotions that grow even stronger when you're not with the one you have feelings for. I've been here for awhile now. I have loved and been loved, and trust me, I know what love is.

Don't judge a book by its covers!!!

Who knows, maybe one day you do find out how strong this love can be...the prepareness to do anything for the one you love. Because I'm ready to just about anything, and trust me, this is not some childish desire...That is LOVE
    Sounds like infatuation to me which is really stretching it considering you've never met. Eh, best of luck but be wary of throwing out that love word.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast