+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids or no kids?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Kids or no kids?

[url]http://www.newsweek.com/id/143792?GT1=43002[/url]

After reading that, do you think you'll still have kids?

If so, how many?

Definetly. I'll have 3 if posible. Personally I don't think my life would ever be complete without my own family.

Raising kids is a lot of work, keeping a family togehter and providing for it is a lot of work as well. Raising kids is learning and experience. Learning and experience is what we mostly dedicate our lives to. I believe that in the end through learning and experience (and achievement) is where we find our happiness.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, I don't really want kids.

Maybe a son, possibly adopted.

But 2 feels like too many.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I want 3 or 4 kids. I can't imagine being in my 60s and 70s without kids and grandkids

Having children gives a life purpose, but it doesn't necessarily make you "happy". Children come with their own temperaments and mental hang-ups, and you can only really be happy if you get lucky enough to end up with kids whose temperaments compliment your own.

I am actually surprised they needed to do a study to figure this out. What a waste of money.

I think that the kids are only as good as the parents that raise them.
    If you show them lots of different possibilities and they notice their strengths and weaknesses at an early age,
    they'llbe a lot more successful when choosing a career for themselves and how to handle the failures a lot better.
    It makes a marriage a lot more interesting and rewarding, because your always occupied and when
    you have free time, you can give yourself that break occasionally, which will be well deserved.

P.S. 1 or 2 is enough, and having kids lets the bond grow a lot more and you get to know, if you can handle a new challenge.
    They'll help you out a little when your retired, get to visit you and thank you for all that you've taught them in life.
    It's all about appreciation from your family that counts in the end.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Tedel Guest
    I'd like 6, but it will depend on her, too, so I think I'll end up with three or four.

Don't make kids. If people make less kids, that would mean that the increase of population will hopefully decrease. That would mean better environment and a big possibility that there are less stupid people.
    Don't expect anything.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yep, I still want kids, but no more than two.

I never expected children would make me 'more happy'....just that they would add a new challenge to my life besides just working.

One of my best friends hates kids, and her and her husband don't want them. She thinks she's got it way better than everyone else because of this. I always say to her...."It's all well and good when you're young, but what happens when you get old and your husband passes away, and there's no one to come visit you or take care of you anymore?" (Her husband is twelve years older than her). She thinks it will 'all just work out'. I think she will be a sad, lonely old lady with no one to take care of her or carry on her legacy. Besides, what has she got to look forward to for the rest of her life? Working? Boring.

I remember all the great times I had with my FAMILY as a child, camping and going on picnics, playing board games at night. I want that again, but with my own family. It's not always going to be fun, but it will serve to create some memorable times over the remaining years of my life.

Also, I need someone to pass all my riches to. Can't take it with me, you know.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I think having kids later on in life, is a lot easier to manage, then when your still going to school.

Around age 24 or 25 is an ideal age, when all you have to focus on is work and providing for your family.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I always say to her...."It's all well and good when you're young, but what happens when you get old and your husband passes away, and there's no one to come visit you or take care of you anymore?" (Her husband is twelve years older than her). She thinks it will 'all just work out'. I think she will be a sad, lonely old lady with no one to take care of her or carry on her legacy.

You know what is even sadder? The number of elderly who have children but are still alone when they get old, and not necessarily because the children are negligent.

There is absolutely no guarantee that having children will ensure you have someone to visit you when you are old or take care of you when you need it.
    Last edited by shh!; 04-07-08 at 05:00 AM.

I don't understand why people would rather bring another child to this world when there're so many that need parents. I'm going to adopt as many as I can possibly afford. finantially/physically/emotionally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

anachronistic Guest
    I pretty much take care of my baby sister. How hard could my own children be?

I'd still have children... just have to find a decent woman.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    I pretty much take care of my baby sister. How hard could my own children be?

I'd still have children... just have to find a decent woman.
    There's a huge difference between the two but you'll learn at ur own time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

anachronistic Guest
    What are the differences? In my case, there are probably few, if not any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast