+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Art of Wooing!!!

The Art of Wooing!!!

The Art of Wooing!!!

Wooing is the delicate art of trying to win, to gain, to sway, the affection, affinity, of the one with whom you’re enamored, in admiration of. It is the subtle yet bold art of romance (romancing), of trying to incite the interest of - (traditionally a woman) and entice and attract them towards amorous affection, a romantic desire for you. It is a mixture of flirtatiousness and charm, of guile and luck, a delicate balance between daring and walking on eggshells, brashness and tact, audacity and introversion. To be able to woo well, one must be able to be both cocky and coy, forward and reserved. You need a certain amount of nerve, courage, and self-confident, to get started, get your wooing of the ground (a certain level of arrogance, forwardness, can work to your advantage), but get too brazened, daring, and you could put her off. You have to be able to go into your wooing process unabashed (not worrying about the possible rejection), but yet, you have to have a certain level of grace, as well. The number one thing you need though is to be able to read the person (the woman) with whom you’re fancied, infatuated by, and gage what she might respond best to, whether to you being flirtatiously forward or coquettishly coy and also to read how she resounds to, receive, your attention.

The intent of wooing is to peak a woman’s interest, to show that you’re somebody she wants to have around, be around and that’ll enhance, add pleasure, to her life. It is to show her that you’re what she wants, needs, desires. The object is to create affinity, in her, for you, like you have for her. You want to win over her affections and sweep her away in thoughts of and with longing for you. You want to engender, endear, the thought of you and her together, within her heart, her soul, her mind. You want to enwrap her being, with pleasant thoughts of you and capture all of her there is to capture and that there is what it is to woo.

Now, what is wooing, ACTION!!! It’s letting the person you’re interested in know of your interest through your words, your body language, and gestures, your actions of affection towards them. It’s showing your affinity for them in an active manner – so, where as, they see your earnest interest in them. Some people woo with gifts and such (by lavishing the woman in whom they’re interested with as extravagant a gift/gifts at they can afford), other simply by the way they act towards the one who holds their affection. The best wooers employ both methods, use gifts and actions to show their affinity (attraction). Gifts are always good, for the show ones generosity, can show that one has a generous heart, but it’s ones earnest sincerity that’ll wholly win them over. What you want to do is shower the woman, of your interest with attention, compliments, with a noticeable level of affection, adoration, affinity.

Most people see wooing in terms of “BIG” romantic gestures, in terms of “GRAND” overtures made towards another (the woman in whom you’re interested), but a lot of the time it’s the little things that do it. It’s your consistent (steady) adoration and kind, sweet words, your genuine, sincere, interest shown for her, to her. It’s the consistent attention you pay her, through your compliments, caring, and kindness. It’s noticing her hair, nails, outfit. It’s being there to make her smile laugh, just when she needs one, being there to calm, to settle her, when she gets a little frazzled, overwhelmed. It’s being able to remind her that she’s worthwhile, simply by the way you treat her. It’s those things you do in the everyday, to show your adoration, admiration, affinity, towards her!!!

Now, all this being said, wooing can still be an iffy proposition, because she might be suspect of your intent, the world and its women have got much more cynical now a days. Wooing does not always have it intended effect. The line between wooer and stalker has become quite a thin one, and even if she thinks you not a stalker, other issues, problems, could yet exist. The woman could be suspect of your intention - as I mentioned earlier - and not give you a fair chance because of it. And if you shower some women, too much, with compliment, attention, affection, during the wooing stage, they might think you are a wuss (a little too soft for a man). They might see you as a little too nice, too desperate, or far too clingy. So, you can run into the problem of being so sweet, so complimentary, and so nice, that they think you’re trying too hard or that you’re up to something (that you’re just playing a game of sly manipulation to get your way, what you want). Either way, they’re put off!!!

Although wooing can have its missteps and problem, if there is sincere and earnest interest there, on your part, it is well worth the effort, because accomplishing your goal of winner her affections, affinity, offers far more in reward, than rejection offer in awkwardness, scorn, or ego blow. Don’t be afraid to partake in the wooing art. If you can get past their, hang-ups, and anxieties, compliments and shows of affections can, do work. If you like her, take action, show it, in whatever way works for you and works with her. If you don’t take the chance, the opportunity, to try and make something happen, it might never, so find your courage and woo her!!!

Woo (Wooing): 1: to seek the favor, affection, or love of (usually a woman); 2: to solicit in love; to court 3: make amorous advances towards; "John is courting Mary" [syn: court, romance] 4: to seek the affection of with romantic intent; 5: to work to gain or sway the affinity, affection of, through deliberate action with amatory intentions.

A Few Questions:

What is wooing to you, in your opinion what is it to woo, be wooed?

Ladies, what woos, wows you? How are you best wooed? What works best for you, on you?
    Last edited by rglove; 20-11-06 at 02:41 AM.

you guys make women out to be rocket science.

why must you make it so hard for yourselves?

Rglove I think thats a lovely post and you have hit the nail on the head...wish there was more guys out there like you!
    ~~o~BEE~o~BEE~o~~

ummm what works best on me.....a guy that will listen and i have his full attnetion, someone that seems amazed by me, eye contact, descreet touching, i.e when you are sat next to eachother and your knees naturally touch.

Be genuine, don't lie...women see through it. Don't be too foward, reserve some, eventually open up more and more.

Leave somethings to the imagination.

After a few dates, bring me flowers. Leave notes in the bathroom if i stay over.

Don't call me every day but maybe text randomly to say you are thinking of me, when we aren't together.

Mwah!
    ~~o~BEE~o~BEE~o~~

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You know what works for me? I can whisper dirty nothings in a girl's ear all day, but the moment she responds in kind I start blushing like a schoolgirl. I don't know why, but that gets 'em riled. So does work. It can be as simple as lugging her bags while she shops to changing her tire in the sweltering heat. Selfless acts drive 'em nuts, especially if they're actually selfless and not just a ploy to get laid. Sincerity, too. It's one thing to tell her what she wants to hear, it's another to compliment her from the heart.