I know people make stupid choices, but some are pretty much incomprehensible-- imagine having the perfect person, only to let him go over someone else's ideals/goals.

I met him at a high school talent show. I was a senior, and a new kid-- after my band finished playing, he approached me. We talked for a while. What drew him to me-- maybe the way I dressed-- maybe the pink and blue dreads, or the way I walked. He later confessed that he planned to ask me out, but was too nervous. After a few months of friendship, he came out to me. Eventually we started dating-- but without the label. As the end of the year came near, he offered me to come with him to California. But that would require to admit that I was bisexual which my family and religion said was wrong.

So he left. I was so alone. When my grandmother died, I renounced religion-- I came out. My mom threw me out, and I lived with my best friend. Eventually I graduated, and decided to find him. But I couldn't. Now I'm so miserable, I let him go because of some stupid s**t like religion, and I admitted it to myself, but it's too late, I can't even listen to this one song, because it was his favorite, and every time summer rolls around I'll probably be depressed, and except for a few of my friends I'm totally alone my family hates me, my town thinks I'm an embodiment evil and all because of some stupid religion.

I see now that religion-- especially catholicism-- is evil. They promote filthy stereotypes and ruin the lives of so many. I'm pretty much lost now and have no idea what to do next.

Please, some feedback would be nice