+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do I do. Help needed.

What do I do. Help needed.

Ok so I am in a bit of a siduation at the moment. I have been with my girlfriend for nearly 3 years now. We started dating when she was 17. We have a long distance relationship at the moment because I'm in the army. She I studying at uni and has started to tell me how she never got to go out and hook up sort of thing and shes says she's missed out. I can tell she wants to do it but I couldn't bare the thought of her with another guy or losing her but I'm afraid if I don't let her do this I will lose her anyway. Any suggestions or experience on what I should do. Please help. She is the one.

That's a tough one, but understandable from her being so young. How old are you?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    That's a tough one, but understandable from her being so young. How old are you?
    I'm 22 she is 20 and I can understand where she I coming from but I would struggle with letting her do that.

Well, if she wants to screw around while you are in the army, I doubt she is "the one." If you have agreed to an exclusive relationship, then she is asking to change that now. You don't have to agree to that, and yes, she might go and do it anyway, but then that will be on her. That will tell you whether she is the kind of person you think she is, or not.

Soo you think I should say only me or not me at all? She is a great girl almost perfect in every way well until now. I am worries when I go to afganistan at the end of the year I will lose her. This job ruins so many relationships.

So the sensible/logical side thinks "don't forget, you can be a very jealous boyfriend, and this IS cheating, she's just asking you for permission instead. are you going to be able to accept the fact that she was with another guy while you two were together? And what if this opens UP future urges she may have instead". STUCK

Don't blame it on your job I think she'd be having these feelings anyway. I was in a relationship with a guy when I was 16, he was 18, and when I reached around 19 I felt like I needed to be single, not so much to screw around just because it felt like I was way too young for something so serious. I believe the years from about 16-25 (generally speaking) are the biggest period of growth an individual goes through. I think it is good of her to share how she is feeling with you and in all honesty it's probably best to let her go. She will resent you otherwise. And who knows, she may find the grass isn't always greener but she needs to find this out herself. Sorry you are in this position.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

I don't want to admit it but I think your right. I guess if she is the one things will work out. Thanks for the advice.