+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Encouragement needed- feel stressed about moving

Encouragement needed- feel stressed about moving

hi there
    can someone help me please. Im moving tommorow and im getting stressed about beeing organised. Can someone give me any caring, encouraging words to make me feel better? Thanks for your time.

Coming from someone that has moved 9 times in the last 10 years due to relationship breakdowns and what not (!!)

My advice, get yourself a nice cup of tea on the go. Sit back for a minute. I find writing lists help...

Is all the packing done? Transport organised? Timings worked out?

I'm sure if you just stop for a moment and work out whats already been done, this time tomorrow you will be in your new home wondering what the fuss was all about!!

and then.....the unpacking begins!! (I moved 4 weeks ago and still have not unpacked!!!)

Are you moving alone or do you have someone helping you/coming with? xx

Ps where are you moving from and to?

I'm sure you'll be fine xxx
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same. -- Anon

Where are you moving to? Is it still in the same area? Dun get stress with that.
    I think u'll be used to ur new place soon. Everything will get better than u used to meet. Maybe there is something which u're waiting for at ur new place

Moving totally sucks but it doesn't last forever. Push on through and get it done.
    Spammer Spanker

I'm 18 and have moved 13 times. It is ridiculous. It's a pain and I'm not even the homeowner. The lists is a really good idea. and stay organized! moving always starts off organized and then by the end you are just like "F*** IT, THROW IT IN A BOX" all that does is make unpacking way worse and you start worrying about stuff you forgot. There's a lot of new things you'll have to adjust to but clean starts are sometimes very welcomed. I had to switch schools a million times so that's where the primary difficulties came. Once you get to the new place you can focus on organizing a new setup and making it real comfortable. It doesn't take too long to adjust. Neighbors always seem to wanna meet new people so take advantage of that as well.

I feel your pain, I'm moving in 2 weeks and its really getting to me. I'm just focused on how happy I will be when its all done.