+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Well I Did It....Sort of

Well I Did It....Sort of

I posted a while back. I was considering ending a long term relationship, becuase i felt it wasnt progressing and what not. Well i talked to my girlfriend and said what i thought and now it seems we have come a conlcusion of "taking a break". She really didnt want to do this, but i had to take some time off. I dont knwo if this break is just a way of prolonging the inevitable breakup, or is it really worth a shot. Please Help?

Taking a break will not work, believe me. I tried the same thing with my bf. It helped me though, it helped me realize that i was happier without him as bad as that sounds. It had gotten to the point of him being possesive and clingy and controlling and i couldn't take it anymore. So i made him realize i needed a break which he didn't like at all. Well, after the break was over i broke up with him and it ended horribly. I mean horribly as in i can't even be in the same room as him. It hurts to see him not because i love him, but because it brings back so many painful memories of what happened after i broke up with him. If i had broken up with him sooner, before he got as attached to me as he was, what happened might not have happened. He tried to commit suicide, you see, and i won't go into the details but my advice basically is to break up. It's pretty much inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket123
    I posted a while back. I was considering ending a long term relationship, becuase i felt it wasnt progressing and what not. Well i talked to my girlfriend and said what i thought and now it seems we have come a conlcusion of "taking a break". She really didnt want to do this, but i had to take some time off. I dont knwo if this break is just a way of prolonging the inevitable breakup, or is it really worth a shot. Please Help?

ummm duh???? If your thinking about it, then there must be some issues that is making you unhappy. If you deem that this is not gonna work, then just break it off fast and clean. Only thing worst than hanging relationship is hang nail and I hate those just as much. hmm off treck again. brb need another cold on.