+ Follow This Topic

Thread: canned drinks suck!

anachronistic Guest

canned drinks suck!

i dunno. i just prefer the bottle (preferably glass) over the can. bottled drinks just seem to have higher quality, better taste, and they look cooler. i think it's worth the extra buck, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    i dunno. i just prefer the bottle (preferably glass) over the can. bottled drinks just seem to have higher quality, better taste, and they look cooler. i think it's worth the extra buck, don't you?
    On one hand yes.. they do taste better.. but think about how dangerous glass containers are.. they can break.. and in schools; can cause alot of harm.. not to mention.. risk of getting glass in your eyes if they break..

So, that's why I simply don't drink soft drinks.. water is the best.. and for flavor once in a while.. have some tea or coffee..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You don't drink soft drinks because you're afraid the glass will break and get in your eye or something? That's amusing.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

The Glass is hard and can stand a lot of beating. A canned one is soft and easily break. It can get sharp edges that can penetrate eyes much better.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    when it comes to beer, i only buy bottles. cans tends to give drinks a slight metallic taste, however, sometimes certain drinks like redbull only comes in the can form and we are force to suck it up.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Hahaha! why would you even think about the risks of getting glass in your eye when you purchase a drink?? i find that ridiculous. everything you touch can harm you..haha reminds me of people who live in bubbles!

anyway..i actually don't mind canned drinks..especially V!!!! i love it..but yeah it can taste quite metallic at times as Illusional mentioned.
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    On one hand yes.. they do taste better.. but think about how dangerous glass containers are.. they can break.. and in schools; can cause alot of harm.. not to mention.. risk of getting glass in your eyes if they break..

So, that's why I simply don't drink soft drinks.. water is the best.. and for flavor once in a while.. have some tea or coffee..
    so when you go to a restaurant do you ask for your water in a paper cup??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...